[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Bug - Afterworld Keys (All but 1 works)

StormsterStormster
Reactions: 300
Posts: 2
Member
edited July 13 in Bug Reporting
I've seen guides that say 'get all 12 keys first!' so I did, I completed all the quests (aside from repeatable) and got all the keys. While trying to figure out how to use the keys I got sent back to Maple World without unlocking the big door.

I immediately went back in, still had all 12 keys. Every lock opened except the very top lock, which is saying I don't have the right key? But it's in my inventory? Did I miss something? Does order of Locks clicked matter?

Either way, I have a key in my inventory that I can't drop or use and a lock I can't open and an unfinished quest.

Character: DuoNight
Class: Dual Blade
World: Zenith



Edit to add that thanks to the user below, the quest has been completed, it was an off-center click space.

Comments

  • ValhallenValhallen
    Reactions: 340
    Posts: 7
    Member
    Try clicking slightly above the lock, it should work still, as I was able to complete the entire quest, along with a friend as well. The lock clickbox can be a bit finicky.
    Stormster
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 2,290
    Posts: 855
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 12
    Valhallen wrote: »
    Try clicking slightly above the lock, it should work still, as I was able to complete the entire quest, along with a friend as well. The lock clickbox can be a bit finicky.

    I don't think the op's issue is with click box since s/he got the message saying the used key is not the right key.
    Stormster wrote: »
    I've seen guides that say 'get all 12 keys first!' so I did, I completed all the quests (aside from repeatable) and got all the keys. While trying to figure out how to use the keys I got sent back to Maple World without unlocking the big door.

    I immediately went back in, still had all 12 keys. Every lock opened except the very top lock, which is saying I don't have the right key? But it's in my inventory? Did I miss something? Does order of Locks clicked matter?

    Either way, I have a key in my inventory that I can't drop or use and a lock I can't open and an unfinished quest.

    Character: DuoNight
    Class: Dual Blade
    World: Zenith

    Just to make sure, your last key isn't the first key you got from defeating the Balrog, right? (Sorry if your answer is suppose to be obvious, just started doing Afterlands myself and that's the only key I can think that would be a "wrong key".)
  • StormsterStormster
    Reactions: 300
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited July 13
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Valhallen wrote: »
    Try clicking slightly above the lock, it should work still, as I was able to complete the entire quest, along with a friend as well. The lock clickbox can be a bit finicky.

    I don't think the op's issue is with click box since s/he got the message saying the used key is not the right key.
    Stormster wrote: »
    I've seen guides that say 'get all 12 keys first!' so I did, I completed all the quests (aside from repeatable) and got all the keys. While trying to figure out how to use the keys I got sent back to Maple World without unlocking the big door.

    I immediately went back in, still had all 12 keys. Every lock opened except the very top lock, which is saying I don't have the right key? But it's in my inventory? Did I miss something? Does order of Locks clicked matter?

    Either way, I have a key in my inventory that I can't drop or use and a lock I can't open and an unfinished quest.

    Character: DuoNight
    Class: Dual Blade
    World: Zenith

    Just to make sure, your last key isn't the first key you got from defeating the Balrog, right? (Sorry if your answer is suppose to be obvious, just started doing Afterlands myself and that's the only key I can think that would be a "wrong key".)

    Right. The Last key I got was from the Silent Boy in Land of innocence (Almost missed him, so far over on the map!), the key I was having issues with was Alders Key, Just got back into the Afterlands to try clicking around the lock and it did Work this time O.o so thank you to Valhallen! But it was definatly frustraiting when I could direct click on all the other locks no problem, but Alders Key was off-center like that. x.x none of the guides I had seen said anything about the off-center lock.
  • HanSaoHanSao
    Reactions: 300
    Post: 1
    Member
    I had the same problem and could fix it by leaving and reentering the afterlands. I entered through the Ellinia cutscene.