[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Reboot: Eternal flames only drop after maintenance

KuhWayKuhWay
Reactions: 600
edited July 13 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Item Drop

Brief bug summary: Eternal flames only drop after a maintenance

More details: In reboot i believe almost all bosses are supposed to drop powerful and eternal flames. Ever since flames were released I have not gotten a single eternal flame from any boss until recently. I heard a rumor that eternal flames drop immediately following a maintenance. So after the most recent maintenance I go kill every boss again on 2 characters and get at least 10 eternal flames total. In the following days I go kill daily bosses again and get 0 eternal flames every time.

(anything not included in the other sections of your report)

Steps to reproduce: Kill bosses on any day other than the day of a maintenance and receive 0 eternal flames.

(if not covered in the summary)

Character name: KuhWay

Character level: 250

Character job: Mercedes

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: Since flames were released in GMS. July 12 10:00 am after maintenance completes is when bosses did drop eternal flames
  1. Have you gotten eternal flames on any day after maintenance day?18 votes
    1. Yes
       11% (2 votes)
    2. No
       89% (16 votes)

Comments

• RezerbaRezerba
    Reactions: 730
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 13
    I've never got any flames to drop in Reboot.

I've been noticing in a lot of the boss drops at least 1 gap with nothing in them when they're on the ground. Is that suppose to be a flame?
    It seems like an instance issue? Maybe the first group of instances of the bosses in each channel can see the Flames but after that they stop being a drop?
  • LyeILyeI
    Reactions: 420
    edited July 16
    You can be onto something here. I know people who've got several eternal flames right after the flames update/maintenance but have not seen a flame since then. The only time I received an eternal and a powerful flame drop was both at the same time from Normal Cygnus. When? On the same day after a maintenance.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 16
    It's just a really rare drop, in KMS in both; Reboot and Regular worlds, powerful and eternal flames drops very rarely from bosses, after the ark update nexon probably just forgot to make them drop at a lower rate (that's why reboot got powerful and eternal flames at the same rate as level flames in regular), since regular worlds get 100% of the time the level 110 ~ 150 flames from bosses, so it's not a bug but a feature, they are supposed to be extremely rare to get from boss drops as seen in kms.
  • RezerbaRezerba
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 16
    We're going to need more people to test this for confirmation. Let's ask around before and on the day of maintenance to help test this.
  • LotusBlack97LotusBlack97
    Reactions: 405
    edited July 18
    I guess u're right could never drop a single flame in normal days, only after an maintenance.
  • KuhWayKuhWay
    Reactions: 600
    edited July 21
    It's just a really rare drop, in KMS in both; Reboot and Regular worlds, powerful and eternal flames drops very rarely from bosses, after the ark update nexon probably just forgot to make them drop at a lower rate (that's why reboot got powerful and eternal flames at the same rate as level flames in regular), since regular worlds get 100% of the time the level 110 ~ 150 flames from bosses, so it's not a bug but a feature, they are supposed to be extremely rare to get from boss drops as seen in kms.

Since flames were released I have been doing daily bosses everyday for about 2 weeks and didnt get a single rainbow flame. Then I heard people getting rainbow flames on the day of the maintenance and this sounded absurd to me so I tried it myself. Ended up getting 10 rainbow flames across 2 characters from daily bosses right after a maintenance. Now if it truly was just super rare and it would drop on any given day, it wouldnt make sense that i got 0 rainbow flames for 2 weeks then suddenly got 10 rainbow flames simply because i did bosses after a maintenance.
  • RezerbaRezerba
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 21
    So according to iSlingGunz's video on flames Reboot is supposed to also drop the Rebirth Flame lv 100 - 150 as well at a 100% rate like in normal worlds. EDIT: Doesn't seem to be the case in KMS.

And Eternal and Powerful Flames are supposed to drop at a rare rate for Reboot but not as extremely rare as in normal worlds.

I've never seen any of those LV flames drop in Reboot either?
  • ThatBaldyThatBaldy
    Reactions: 810
    edited July 21
    This really seems to be true and now that I think back to flame's release. That was a patch day and the moment the patch was finished I immediately went to do bosses and got a few of both eternal and powerful flames. After that I went dry for well over 2 weeks wondering what happened to flames. When I heard about this bug recently on the most recent minor patch, I went to do a quick run of all the bosses and ended up with 3 eternals and 6 powerfuls, compared to 0. During a 30min grind I even got an eternal flame from an elite monster.
  • ValhallenValhallen
    Reactions: 340
    edited July 22
    This is a major bug, I do a bunch of daily bosses every day, and I can't remember ever getting any kind of flame from them, because I typically don't play right after a maintenance/update. This makes flames practically extinct on reboot unless you're willing to shell out 9.5m per powerful flame attempt, which isn't all that worth it.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 1,600
    edited July 22
    Rezerba wrote: »
    So according to iSlingGunz's video on flames Reboot is supposed to also drop the Rebirth Flame lv 100 - 150 as well at a 100% rate like in normal worlds. EDIT: Doesn't seem to be the case in KMS.

And Eternal and Powerful Flames are supposed to drop at a rare rate for Reboot but not as extremely rare as in normal worlds.

I've never seen any of those LV flames drop in Reboot either?

I have no issue with Rebirth Flames Lv110-150 personnally. I never got to see a single Powerful or Eternal ones from boss drop yet. I play in Bera btw.
  • RezerbaRezerba
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 27
    So with all the maintenance we've been getting how's everyone's Eternal Flame haul?

They've been dropping pretty consistently for me right after a maintenance. Varies from 1-3 Eternal Flames from the daily bosses that I do on a character that has 220% Drop Rate gear with a Big Spider.
    thrakkes wrote: »
    I have no issue with Rebirth Flames Lv110-150 personnally. I never got to see a single Powerful or Eternal ones from boss drop yet. I play in Bera btw.

It might be difficult to see if this bug affects normal worlds too since Eternal and Powerful Flames are notoriously a very rare drop from bosses in the normal worlds.
  • LyeILyeI
    Reactions: 420
    edited July 27
    Is there a GM who can look into it..? :S Ran bosses after maintenance and I got 3.