[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Blocked by GM Police for HACK reason

LicieLicie
Reactions: 300
in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Blocked/disconnected for hacking when I was not hacking

Brief bug summary: I was playing the game as normal (only lagging a little bit) when I got a pop-up saying I have been blocked by GM Police for the HACK reason.

More details: I have not used any hacking tools. I was playing the game as normal. This happened once before and I googled the issue, saw others advised to run antivirus/antimalware software, so I did that and was able to log into the game again. But then I got the pop-up today again. I do not have any viruses or malware running on this computer, so I have no idea what's going on.

Steps to reproduce: In my research of this issue, a lot of people are saying it's due to lag. I have no idea if that's true and if it will help you reproduce the issue for yourselves, but it's the only lead I have.

Character name: LicieLaine

Character level: 197

Character job: Blaster

World name: Windia

Date and time of the incident: 7-18-18, around 5:00pm to 5:10pm Pacific

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited July 2018
    If you aren't lagging, then try restarting your computer (do a full shutdown as a stronger solution when using window 8/10 https://www.howtogeek.com/129021/how-to-do-a-full-shutdown-in-windows-8-without-disabling-hybrid-boot/)
  • LotusBlack97LotusBlack97
    Reactions: 405
    edited July 2018
    Relax, that can happen for many reasons, u should still be able to login normally and play the game, just ignore the GM Police message. Close the game and loggin again.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Relax, that can happen for many reasons, u should still be able to login normally and play the game, just ignore the GM Police message. Close the game and loggin again.

Sometimes you don't even have to close the game, just wait a couple secs then try to get back on the character. (Saying this cause personally, for me it takes like +5-10mins from clicking the "Play" button on the Nexon Launcher to getting the client to accept the PIC and let my character log in and closing the game would be really annoying.)
  • LotusBlack97LotusBlack97
    Reactions: 405
    edited July 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »

Sometimes you don't even have to close the game, just wait a couple secs then try to get back on the character. (Saying this cause personally, for me it takes like +5-10mins from clicking the "Play" button on the Nexon Launcher to getting the client to accept the PIC and let my character log in and closing the game would be really annoying.)

Yeah when it happens i don't close the game either, just choose the channel and my character xD
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Yeah when it happens i don't close the game either, just choose the channel and my character xD

Then why'd you recommend him/her to close the game? >.>
  • LicieLicie
    Reactions: 300
    edited August 2018
    Thanks guys, I won't stress over it.
  • PlutiaPlutia
    Reactions: 730
    edited August 2018
    I get this message often too when I start lagging or when server lags, honestly they should fix this so we don't get kicked and lose our loot/buffs!!!
  • infalusioninfalusion
    Licie wrote: »
    Bug type: Blocked/disconnected for hacking when I was not hacking

Brief bug summary: I was playing the game as normal (only lagging a little bit) when I got a pop-up saying I have been blocked by GM Police for the HACK reason.

More details: I have not used any hacking tools. I was playing the game as normal. This happened once before and I googled the issue, saw others advised to run antivirus/antimalware software, so I did that and was able to log into the game again. But then I got the pop-up today again. I do not have any viruses or malware running on this computer, so I have no idea what's going on.

Steps to reproduce: In my research of this issue, a lot of people are saying it's due to lag. I have no idea if that's true and if it will help you reproduce the issue for yourselves, but it's the only lead I have.

Character name: LicieLaine

Character level: 197

Character job: Blaster

World name: Windia

Date and time of the incident: 7-18-18, around 5:00pm to 5:10pm Pacific

dude this happens to me too, and what a coincidence. I am also a blaster. this has never happened to any of my other chars, literally NEVER. It happens when i'm grinding, just recently i noticed it does it when i test skills out in town.