[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can u guys help me choose a class

IlovbacconIlovbaccon
Reactions: 300
in General Chat
i stuck btwn blaze wizard, demon slayer, and phantom to make during the burning event does anyone know the pros and cons of each job are they good a mobbing, bossing, and survivability

Comments

• RokaniRokani
    Reactions: 1,220
    edited July 2018
    Blaze > good at mobbing.
    DS > good at mobbing, I think it was okay at bossing.
    Phantom > is op, at least mine is, its better at bossing but with the ability to swap skills can be good at anything.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2018
    Rokani wrote: »
    Blaze > good at mobbing.
    DS > good at mobbing, I think it was okay at bossing.
    Phantom > is op, at least mine is, its better at bossing but with the ability to swap skills can be good at anything.

To give a bit more detail, blaze wizard is solidly average with mobbing, and is very ping-reliant(meaning if your connection is garbage or you live far from the servers, you're gonna have a bad time).

Moving on, demon slayer has alright mobbing(if a little annoying at times, with demon fury and all), and pretty great bossing, since your main bossing skill(demon impact or whatever) has a 100% crit chance native to the skill itself.

Lastly, phantom is fairly weak, relying heavily on buffs and skills, to a lesser extent than buffs, from other jobs and takes, from what I know, ridiculous amounts of funding to be a contender for endgame. It's somewhat below-average in damage output, which I suppose is fairly normal for classes with hurricane-type skills.
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited July 2018
    Phantom is pretty fun imo, I like being able to steal skills. You can steal holy symbol from Bishops for an exp buff which is nice, and you can steal skills from explorer classes in general.
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited July 2018
    Is this gonna be your main or just another character to add to your collection?
    Phantom's link skill is by far the most valuable out of the three, giving a whopping 15% crit rate at level 120.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    From my experience, Phantom has potential, with a moderate high damage ceiling that requires quite a bit of funding, inflated range but damage doesn't show. However, when you do supplement your phantom with the necessary funds and stats, it is OP.

Demon Slayer is great, all around class. Seems a little clunky, but it is a hard hitting class, high damage ceiling with a small threshold to see that damage.

Blaze Wizard, bad stigma but can be fun to play, essentially youre literally playing with fire playing a blaze wizard, since people may think youre a bot. Don't really play mages, so that's all I can share for BW.

I'd say go with phantom, if youre going to burn it because phantom only begins to shine at 4th job.
  • TapiokaTapioka
    Reactions: 455
    edited July 2018
    I don't know why but playing phantom lets off a different feel than playing most other characters. You're sort of immersed into being the master thief, and that makes it really fun. With the burning event, you'll fly to 150, so you have your work cut out for you.