[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How is the community these days?

NeoTokyoDudeNeoTokyoDude
Reactions: 1,240
edited July 2018 in General Chat
From what I have seen these are the impressions I get. Reboot is for poor people while normal servers are for the established or the wealthy. Thinking on it reminds me of a segregated society or something. But then again there is not anything wrong with that, I guess.

Does this description sound way off the mark or is it close to accurate?

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2018
    People still don't want to hear you prattle on and on about old maple. If that's what you've come back for, then you may as well leave again.

And your description is incredibly off the mark. Playing on reboot has nothing to do with being poor or otherwise, nor does playing on non-reboot servers have anything to do with being wealthy or established.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited July 2018
    I solo everything. I think a lot of people do at this point. Parties give me performance anxiety.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    I solo everything. I think a lot of people do at this point. Parties give me performance anxiety.

not everyone has social anxiety..
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    The problem here is youre looking at the game as an actual society. But to answer in terms of a society, in any server you play, everyone has equal opportunity. Remember, Nexon doesnt owe us anything, they do run a business, they offer services and goods for a price, you either have money to pay for it or you dont. Same with reboot, you either put the time and effort into farming mesos, or you have nothing.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited July 2018

not everyone has social anxiety..

T.T
  • NeoTokyoDudeNeoTokyoDude
    Reactions: 1,240
    edited July 2018
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    People still don't want to hear you prattle on and on about old maple. If that's what you've come back for, then you may as well leave again.

And your description is incredibly off the mark. Playing on reboot has nothing to do with being poor or otherwise, nor does playing on non-reboot servers have anything to do with being wealthy or established.

They let you back in here? Man, this place has really gone to the dogs! (I'm joking, that was a joke)
    Come to think of it, talking about Old Maple is still permitted for nostalgia, its just the one other thing that is not allowed right now. I could talk about Old Maple all day long but maybe some other time. I look forward to the day when you may see the light that is the magnificence of Old Maplestory. Although its still fine if not. Having lots of different opinions around is part of what makes Maple, Maple after all.

Anyway, I am honestly glad to see that you were able to come back.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    The community may seem anti social ingame but you can get into pretty nice talks with people.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    it's just the millennial culture has changed, not even millennials, the new generation
    TinkoTonko
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited July 2018
    How is is a segregation if everyone is free to choose where they play?
    The core difference is that Reboot players don't wanna spend hundred of dollars just to gear up their characters, since that's what non-Reboot is like nowadays.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited July 2018
    Reboot is the top server. Bera is overpopulated, Scania suffered a big hit in population, very little people in every other server. You can arguably solo everything alone, and it is kind of expected given that making parties outside of Reboot, Scania or Bera can get difficult outside of a Guild or very active friends. You can get established in the normal servers with enough effort and might be even easier since you can get high level equipment from other players, whereas in Reboot you have to get the gear yourself.
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited August 2018
    you can still be an accomplished f2p player in non reboot servers, it just takes significant amounts of time. Community is great as long as you find the right guild/alliance