[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Relay Tier 4 - Remove Cadena/Illium Restriction

MiraMira
Reactions: 4,160
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello,

I know that the last time we have a Relay event, the Tier 4 weapon box was restricted from those classes, understandably so as they were both new releases during the duration of this event. However now, 7 months later, they are hardly a new class, and thus, should have the restriction removed. I'm not sure what the reasoning for Zero having a restriction is, but that should also be removed.

Thanks!
  1. Should class-based restriction be removed from relay boxes?9 votes
    1. Yes
       100% (9 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• GridmanGridman
    Reactions: 100
    Hi, I've been working on my Illium and I'm really loving it despite being somewhat weak. Is the restriction still there? I swear I remember reading that Cadena and Illium were restricted but when I try to find it online and on the patch notes, I come up empty.
  • MiraMira
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    If you mouse-over the tier 4 box reward, it says in the description that Cadena/Illium cannot use it. I'm not sure if it's old templating or if it's still accurate, but it should be changed by this point in time IMO.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Gridman wrote: »
    Hi, I've been working on my Illium and I'm really loving it despite being somewhat weak. Is the restriction still there? I swear I remember reading that Cadena and Illium were restricted but when I try to find it online and on the patch notes, I come up empty.

The Tier 4 box itself is transferable in account.
    So you can claim it on your illium and try to open it. If it works - great. If it doesn't - move it through storage to another character.
    Caveat: there's a risk that if you open it on Illium it will automatically give you the Dominator Pendant because you can't have the weapon. Never can tell with Nexon coding.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    It doesn't give zero a weapon because zero uses orbs (essence) to upgrade their main weapons since zero can't unequip theIr weapon, if zeros were to get an orb from here it would give them a full/real absolab weapon upgrade without restrictions making this event OP to zeroes (i'm not against zeros getting absolab from this event, but nexon korea would need to figure out how to give them the weapon with restrictions, without changing their main weapons, since this is a problem in KMS as well)

TL:DR. Nexon Korea would need to rework zero's weapon upgrading system for them to receive 12/17 Star AbsoLab weapons from this kind of events, and to be able to be created in the reboot world.

UNLESS A BUNCH OF KOREANS START COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS, ZERO WON'T BE GETTING ABSOLAB FROM THIS KIND OF EVENT OR CREATABLE IN THE REBOOT WORLD.
  • MiraMira
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    For those curious, I opened the box on my Cadena and was able to get an AbsoLab Chain, so theoretically it should work on Illium as well \o/