[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Flames Not Dropping From Bosses

LyeILyeI
Reactions: 520
edited August 2018 in Bug Reporting
Is nothing going to be done about the flames not dropping from bosses?

Bug: Item drop rate/glitch.

Bug Summary: As far as Reboot goes, Powerful and Eternal Rebirth Flames only drop from bosses right after a maintenance for about the 1st hour. Afterwards, flames will no longer drop at all.

Steps to Reproduce:
Hop into the game after any maintenance.
Wear lots of Item Drop Rate equipment, use Drop Coupons, etc. Anything and everything that increases drop.
Before the 1st hour after the game comes back online, run bosses (such as Chaos Horntail, Hard Von Leon, Hard Hilla, Chaos Pink Bean, Chaos Root Abyss bosses, Hard and Normal Magnus, Ranmaru and Madman Ranmaru).
Drown in Powerful and Eternal Rebirth Flames.
Then, continue to run the bosses every following day.
Realise you won't see any more Flames for the rest of the week.

Not going to post my character details, when many are having the same problem but not many people seem to realise it's an issue. It's not "just a rare drop"/"RNG". It doesn't explain why right after a maintenance, people I know + myself get ~3 Eternal Rebirth Flames from daily bosses right away, but 0 every day after.

World: NA Reboot

Date and Time of Incident: Since Rebirth Flames were released.

Please look into it.

Comments

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    I have never ever received Powerful/Eternal Flames from a boss, both before and after maintenance. However, what I have started to notice is that there's always a mysterious gap in the loot received from a boss, as if something that is supposed to be there isn't spawning. This is definitely an issue that needs to be addressed.
  • LyeILyeI
    Reactions: 520
    edited August 2018
    Mira wrote: »
    I have never ever received Powerful/Eternal Flames from a boss, both before and after maintenance. However, what I have started to notice is that there's always a mysterious gap in the loot received from a boss, as if something that is supposed to be there isn't spawning. This is definitely an issue that needs to be addressed.

That too I've noticed, but I didn't want to mention it as I cannot be sure if they were meant to be non-Reboot drops, or lower level flames that don't exist in Reboot. Who knows, they might even be Powerful and Eternal Flames dropping but not appearing!
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited August 2018
    Thanks, it's been forwarded.