[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please do something about the (Kanna) hackers

BurnitureBurniture
Reactions: 400
edited August 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I'm playing on Luna, and there are maps where every single one of the 20 channels is dominated by Kanna hackers.
This makes hunting certain enemies or bosses and completing certain quests virtually impossible, especially for the likes of me who try expand their monster collection.
One suggestion is making Kanna unavailable for new accounts, similar to Zero where you have to have a character level 100 to create one. This could slow down the process, but I'm afraid it would only result them using some other class.
I'm also sure that attacking the heart of the matter, the websites selling mesos, is something that is legally a time-consuming process. And even then it's whack-a-mole with websites which are run from countries that are legally difficult to reach.
Strengthening the anti-cheat system is possible, but I have no idea how difficult this is.

But still, if it helps you out getting these hackers out of this game, here's their MO afaik:
1. Hacker is a Kanna who teleports around the map using some kind of pathing routine. The map is usually not a "mainstream" map, that is, legit playerbase isn't regularly using it. Some of them have random numbers for names and using default appearance and gear, but some are more customized in both name and gear, suggesting different operators.
2. When an Elite Boss spawns on some channel, all of them switch to that channel, dispersing after the boss is beaten.
3. They are able to spam skills that have cooldowns.

Comments

• DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited August 2018
    Most botters nowadays automatically cc seconds after you've entered the map. While it's technically possible to report them in that timeframe, it's extremely difficult and borderline impossible in some cases. It is enough time to right click them though.
    If we could just right click them and then proceed with filling out the report after they're gone then that would be really helpful and provide you with many more legit hack reports.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Additionally, please let us report blacklisted people.