[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

DMT: PLEASE ADJUST THE EVENT TIMES

NatedoggjrNatedoggjr
Reactions: 350
edited August 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
As I write this , please note that I do not know how this affects any server other than Reboot but I think it is extremely important that it is taken into consideration.

Over the past couple years since the inception of reboot DMT was announced followed by a cash shop sale of potential cubes being discounted throughout that same weekend. I hope I can speak for the most of us as we take every precaution to prepare for this event since it doesn't occur all too frequently throughout the year (approximately 3 times/year). For some time, events like these contribute to most of our progress within the game so we do everything in our power to ensure we are well prepared.

What is Double Miracle Time(DMT)?
Cube away with Red Cubes, and Black Cubes, during the Double Miracle Time event times with double the rates of a rank-up! There’s a chance to raise your equipment's Potential rank TWICE with one cube! This means you could jump from Rare to Unique!
Also, some of the players will be granted a Double Miracle Time Blessing after successfully increasing rank TWICE! This buff will allow everyone in the map to receive Weapon Attack +30 and Magic Attack +30 for 15 minutes.
Other cubes are available for purchase on Non-Reboot servers as well that may also tier up.

What is the Cube Sale?
This sale allows you to acquire cubes with a 30% discount for the duration of the day (24hours)!

I'm going to reference the March 2017 event, as well as the recently announced event (for the sake of keeping things concise)
Please note that both the scheduled times for DMT & Cube Sale have been mentioned in the March 2017 cash shop update as well as Aug 2018.

Now, before I continue I want to make it clear, I am aware of the fact that DMT takes place multiple times per day, as well as the cube sale lasts for the duration of 24 hours.
I'm hoping with this post it will bring to light how inaccessible the event is for the first Double Miracle Time event is because of the high amount of traffic trying to access the cash shop before the event takes place.

Please reference the start times for each respective event (going to be using EDT):
March 2017 - Cube Sale Start Time --> 3:00AM EST
March 2017 - Double Miracle Time --> 3:30AM EST

August 2018 - Cube Sale Start Time --> 4:00AM EDT
August 2018 - Double Miracle Time --> 4:30AM EDT

The ramifications with having the the cube sale start so close to the double miracle time is that individuals may miss out on the first DMT because of the congestion that is caused in the Cash Shop. The process that requires you to purchase the cubes, wait for them to show up in your cash shop inventory, then allow you to transfer the cubes to your in-game inventory eats up so much time... that by the time you're ready to participate in the event it may be almost over.
Not to mention that sometimes, you are met with the occasional disconnect from the cash shop, or even forced out because things did not process or load up properly.
You don't even want to try re-entering the cash shop after your first initial purchase during the event because every other player is trying to do the same.

The current schedule does not allow us as players to prepare appropriately if we wanted to make the most of the event.

Please re-consider the start of the event, either by allowing us to access the cube sale earlier or start Double Miracle Time later.
There is honestly no point of having (3) DMT events throughout the day if we can only reasonably access (2) of them during the day.

Comments

• DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited August 2018
    I seriously don't see why it would take you almost an hour and a half to purchase cubes, especially since they come in bundles nowadays.
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited August 2018
    DFDFD wrote: »
    I seriously don't see why it would take you almost an hour and a half to purchase cubes, especially since they come in bundles nowadays.

Not sure how many DMT's you've been through but with the numerous crashes, the wait time between buying cubes being upwards of 30 seconds and the goal of purchasing maybe around 500+ cubes at the low end, it can take a quite a while. If you are only available for one session, it can be a pretty poor experience.

Players have been asking for an extension on the cube sale for years with little success. The only improvements we have had is DMT is no longer run during 2x. Nexon doesn't really have an excuse not to extend the sale either since it's well documented how bad things get.