[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Can anything be done about these bots?

MadMarchMadMarch
Post: 1
Member
Anytime I try to play, there are bots taking over the room. Now that ARK has come out, there are bots instantly clearing a room once mobs respawn. Reporting the accounts do nothing. Is there anything that can be done, so everyone can enjoy the game again?

Comments

  • DivinityDivineDivinityDivine
    Reactions: 500
    Posts: 5
    Member
    edited August 20
    well the only thing that i know is more staff that can ban or kick people
  • AlantinoAlantino
    Reactions: 715
    Posts: 37
    Member
    edited August 21
    MadMarch wrote: »
    Anytime I try to play, there are bots taking over the room. Now that ARK has come out, there are bots instantly clearing a room once mobs respawn. Reporting the accounts do nothing. Is there anything that can be done, so everyone can enjoy the game again?

    Better give up then, I quit training as well since I couldn't even train, those hackers "stalked" me everywhere, well it felt like they're stalking me but they didn't, they're just doing their thing.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 16,540
    Posts: 426
    Administrator, Nexon
    edited August 21
    Which maps and around what levels did you notice an influx of bots? Did you capture evidence to report them?
  • PlutiaPlutia
    Reactions: 730
    Posts: 48
    Member
    edited August 21
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Which maps and around what levels did you notice an influx of bots? Did you capture evidence to report them?

    the first map at fox point valley(Lv.190 one) has tons, it's very hard to capture because they use teleport hacks, it's not like normal kanna teleport, it's very fast and in the same spots always, but even spam right clicking doesn't always yield a report menu.

    shaft 2 also has botters, for obvious reasons... big spider familiar. and then you can find them just about anywhere during leveling.

    Also would you happen to have tools to watch botters in bye bye station? because that's like the #1 mesos farming spot, and nobody could ever report them there.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 7,070
    Posts: 1,463
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 21
    Plutia wrote: »
    the first map at fox point valley(Lv.190 one) has tons, it's very hard to capture because they use teleport hacks, it's not like normal kanna teleport, it's very fast and in the same spots always, but even spam right clicking doesn't always yield a report menu.

    You can report any character currently in the same map (or any character who has spoken in chat/used a megaphone) by using the menu button on the lower-left side of the screen and selecting the "report" option.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 7,180
    Posts: 1,167
    Member
    edited August 21
    Neospector wrote: »
    Plutia wrote: »
    the first map at fox point valley(Lv.190 one) has tons, it's very hard to capture because they use teleport hacks, it's not like normal kanna teleport, it's very fast and in the same spots always, but even spam right clicking doesn't always yield a report menu.

    You can report any character currently in the same map (or any character who has spoken in chat/used a megaphone) by using the menu button on the lower-left side of the screen and selecting the "report" option.

    That's the thing about meso-farming bots. They generally tend to not speak in chat or use megaphones.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 7,070
    Posts: 1,463
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 21
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    That's the thing about meso-farming bots. They generally tend to not speak in chat or use megaphones.

    You don't need the character to speak, as long as they're in the same map you can report them through the menu.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 4,930
    Posts: 686
    Member
    edited August 21
    Neospector wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    That's the thing about meso-farming bots. They generally tend to not speak in chat or use megaphones.

    You don't need the character to speak, as long as they're in the same map you can report them through the menu.

    Bots that are idle cannot be reported. I've seen bots advertising their gold sites using minigames. The only way of reporting those is by SSing and posting a ticket.