[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Lag; but at Inconvenient Times

ThonerThoner
Reactions: 1,375
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2018 in Rants and Raves
Hello All,

For those of you who know, I primarily focus on the You Tube Series, Journey from Lvl 205 to Lvl 250 in Pensalir Gear. With that said, lag can range anywhere from minor inconvenience to CATASTROPHY. Recently, we received x3 EXP coupons if we logged in on Sunday, I tried to take full advantage of these and fought Normal Pink Bean with just using 1 of these, got to 38.04% but I lagged out of the Boss fight as I got half way through the final stage...

To make matters worse, when I tried grinding the next day, my game lagged so hard that it froze as I was being attacked by the only thing that could kill me in the Vanishing Journey region. I am almost willing to bet that the game will register that I died and cost me 5.5% leveling progress JUST FOR LOGGING IN! If that happens, I would complain if I thought it could do anything but what can Nexon do about lag...

Essentially, I am just frustrated since there is a strong chance that I died and, when I restart the game, I will have lost serious progress for no reason other than turning the game on. I wish I could say it was a one time thing but it happens so often and I meet the recommended requirements on my computer so it is even more frustrating. Overall, this 'experience' may have cost me ~8.00% EXP, ~2.5% with finishing off Pink Bean with a x3 EXP coupon and 5.5% via ridiculous death by lag...

If this were not part of a series I would just stop for the day and move on, but the character who experienced all this lag is the character the series centers on so I cannot just ignore it and walk away from the bad situation. Plus, lets assume the best, that I am not dead and I still have ~38.50%EXP, I cannot even play the game without fear of getting wrecked during severe lag. I am legitimately in a lose-lose situation. Recommendations?

Thoner