[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Rune of Darkness (Z) rune!

CrystalOraCrystalOra
Reactions: 3,135
edited August 2018 in Bug Reporting
In Morass and Esfera the rune of Darkness that looks like a (Z) never summons any elite monsters. I have activated many and no elite monsters ever spawn since the patch where they stopped it from spawning if there is already an elite monster in the map.

Comments

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Well Rune of Destruction isn't the one that spawns Elites - that would be Rune of Darkness. But since you mention the Z shape, I assume you actually meant the Rune of Darkness. I've had no issues with them - is this just since the minor patch from today...?
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited August 2018
    Yeah i put the wrong name. It is the one that looks like a Z and summons elite monsters. It is only the ones in certain areas of the world that do not spawn elite monsters. In Morass and Esfera the rune does not work like it should.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited August 2018
    Hey CrystalOra!

When you get the chance, could you list the maps this is occurred to you on?

Thanks!
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited August 2018
    The most recent is:
    Morass: Path to the corral forest 4
    i will come back and list any others that i encounter
    bumbertyr
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited September 2018
    I just had a (Z) fail to give elite monsters again at Morass:Path to the corral forest 4
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited October 2018
    It doesn't spawn elites if there are too many monsters on the map; that's most likely why, especially if frenzy was used.
    bumbertyr
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Nexon
    edited October 2018
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    It doesn't spawn elites if there are too many monsters on the map; that's most likely why, especially if frenzy was used.

Thanks for the info Izzy!
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited October 2018
    no frenzy, just on a kanna using kinshin.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Nexon
    edited October 2018
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    no frenzy, just on a kanna using kinshin.

Unfortunately it seems on certain maps even kishin is enough to block the Rune of Darkness from functioning due to the count of mobs on the map. Id recommend popping a group of mobs before activating Rune of Darkness while this is being looked into.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.