[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Most Optimal Set up for DAs with Genesis Weapon?

xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
Reactions: 1,860
edited September 2018 in General Chat
Now that Genesis Weapon has been announced, I like to know which of these set-ups would be the most optimal in 2 different scenarios for Demon Avengers. One will contain the comparisons involving Arcane Set, and the other scenario will have Absolab Set.
Genesis Desperado (2800 HP + 22*135 HP from Star Force Conversion, 998 max ATK including Tier 7 ATT flame, 30% Boss, 20% IED)

A (Arcane 6-Set): 2000 Max HP, 30% Max HP, 165 ATT, 30% Boss, 10% IED
B (CRA 4-set + Arcane 5-Set): 3000 Max HP, 10% Max HP, 185 ATT, 60% Boss, 10% IED
C (CRA 4-set + Absolab 5-Set): 2500 Max HP, 10% Max HP, 145 ATT, 60% Boss, 10% IED
D (Absolab 6-Set): 1500 Max HP, 20% Max HP, 115 ATT, 30% Boss, 10% IED
E (CRA 4-Set + Absolab 4-Set + Meister 4-Set): 2500 Max HP, 20% Max HP, 165 ATT (probably a lot less than 165 because some of the ATT is needed to compensate the Set Effects, Gollux Earrings and Shoulder), 50% Boss, 10% IED

Note #1: I have included C, D, and E because DAs will have a hard time doing Will Boss since you're gonna need to get carried 33% of the run. Also, it's included in case A or B would take too long for you to achieve.

Note #2: It is very likely that E is worse than C because after you compensate for the replacement of two items, it'll have less ATT and Boss Damage but 10% more HP than C. However, getting just 10% more HP after risking a lot of ATT and 10% Boss Damage isn't better. But then again, Genesis Weapon has alot more ATT than Fafnir, Absolab, and Arcane.

Scenario 1 (obviously one of these will be the most optimal):
A vs. B

Scenario 2 (in case if you don't plan to get the other Arcane Pieces):
C vs. D (and vs. E if that's decent)

Let me know your opinions!
Also if you have more suggestions, feel free to list below!

Comments

• TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited September 2018
    I am sorry for leaving you hanging for soo long, honestly the best build is 4pc arcane shoulder/gloves,boots,cape with 3 pc cra and genisys weapon (60%!!! Boss damage 2X30% boss damage set bonus's). That being said this assumes u get 30%+ main stat on all pieces aside from your crit damage on gloves and 22* them all. But I have concocted a VERY CLOSE 2nd best gear set up that is good'nough, that works with your assumed end game gear you currently have.

That set up is as follows compared to your B build(technically the superior of all choices, but also the most costly and by costly it is no joke not for the faint of heart it would be serious serious Snooyah lol):

modification to your E build replacing the 3pc absolab gloves/boots/cape with 15* tyrants or transposed tyrants

CRA 3pc, 15* 30% main stat tyrants boots/cape and your CD tyrant gloves. then u will want 3pc meister set ring/earring/shoulder and replace the tyrant belt with superior gollux belt. you can also go one step extremely further if u transposed your tyrants to sweetwater the genisys weapon would also give u a 3rd set bonus of the 4th set bonus for sweetwater as well(48 wa). the difference with this build is roughly +80wa(+105wa transposed tyrants path) +10% hp -10% boss - roughly 8k maximum loss of +flat hp from flames and lost scrolling(this is reduced by half if u transpose your tyrants to sweetwater). ultimately if u already have the 30%hp main pots for the lower leveled items this is a much much cheaper alternative than trying to get 4 pieces of perfected arcane equips =). I have a 30%hp superior gollux belt with tier 5 hp from neb compensation prolly the only one in existance, and a meister earring that i hope will one day roll 30% hp from reward point cubes prolly a pipe dream lol.

So to sum it up:

my build(modified version of your E build) vs your B build

non transposed tyrant path u r weighing +80 wa 10% hp VS +10% more boss and about 8k hp(from flames and lost scrolling slots and 2pc set bonus loss from arcanes)

and for transposed tyrants path u r weighing +105 wa +10%hp VS +10% more boss damage and about 4k hp from flames and 2 lost scrolling slots and the 2k hp from 2pc arcane set

the difference imo is extremely negligible in range disparity of either of my 2 alternative builds compared to the massive time and money, you will have to sink into those 4 pieces of arcanes to 30%+ them and 22* them lol

bluntly put the build i developed was a spin on your E build 15* tyrants in place of the 3pc absolab set pieces. whether transposed or not have a huge +wa advantage over any competing items in those same slots set bonus included or not. Also the differences in stats i listed are comparing them to your "B" build. your A build is not superior to your B build u lose 30% boss for 20%hp and -20 wa comparing your A build vs B build and boss damage% is amazing, since our loss of 50% boss damage from nebs removal.

The choice is yours!