[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reboot Meso and Progression Issues

ArchyboyArchyboy
Reactions: 330
edited September 2018 in General Chat
After the release of 25 stars there has been a huge progression wall. Everything is artificially gated and to actually reach end game we need billions of mesos which basically requires meso farming for hours like it's a full time job. Before 25 stars the meso rates were at least okay, farming two hours with wealth pot + legion coupons would net at least 1.2 billion mesos for most players. With 1.2 billion you can buy 60 black cubes or 100 red cubes; If RNG wasn't on your side you could just farm again and cube more later.

Now with 25 stars out the previous 1.2 billion doesn't go as far, starforcing to 10 -> 15 is incredibly frustrating and the amount of mesos you need now is just ridiculous. Not only that but you can also be left worse off than you started nullifying all progress up until that point i.e staying at 11 stars with no mesos or the item booming.

There is also still the issue of the arcane set being extremely hard to get with no other way of getting droplets except by hoping they drop. Not everyone can commit to farming for 8 hours a day and right now it feels like the midgame players just need to commit a stupid amount of time or not bother. Even then you can get to level 250 with only having around 50 droplets.

I get Reboot is the free to play server and we need to grind for everything but throw us a bone here. Reboot always feels like it's a second thought even though it's a heavily populated server in GMS. All the meso and drop nerfs are starting to hurt even more than before and we can't just buy mesos/droplets to compensate. A lot of people I know are considering quitting the game just because everything is so damn frustrating to progress and most of these guys are 250. With the announcement of the new level 275 levelcap and the requirements to get the genesis weapon it gets to the point where people will go "what's the point".

Some things that could be done:
1. Starforce 10 -> 15 is 45% chance to succeed, the largest gains are when you starforce at 15+, why is it the same chance to succeed going 12 -> 15 as 21 -> 22 when all you gain are stats? This honestly should be standard for all servers not just for Reboot.
2. Meso rate increase or lower the price to starforce
3. As stated many times before and still for some reason not implemented, a way to get droplets through a daily. But this seems to be a largely ignored suggestion even though it's necessary for progression.

These suggestions are probably going to fall upon deaf ears but if you just artificially gate midgame players by basically asking them to have maplestory as their job then the mid-end game players are going to slowly quit the game.

PS. Please add a way to either skip the starforce animation or speed it up. It's also really ridiculous to just sit there starforcing one item for 1 hour+ and potentially still be between 10-15 stars.

Comments

• RokaniRokani
    Reactions: 1,220
    edited September 2018
    For the PS, let me set a star I want to reach and mass star it till I run out of mesos or reach it lol.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    1.2 billion meso still goes exactly as far as it did before.
    Yes, the way has been opened to go much further - but it's unreasonable to expect to get further without paying (farming) more.

That said, the issue of obtaining droplets has been raised before. Hopefully Nexon will do something about it, soon.