[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maplestory crashes upon selecting channel in sc

ThePubguyThePubguy
Reactions: 200
edited September 2018 in Tech Support
The day before yesterday, I tried to login my MS account as usual. I was at this login screen to select a world (Galicia, Bera, Scania, Reboot etc) and I clicked on scania where my 8 main characters were. Then I gotta select a channel. At this point, whichever channel I selected, the wheel circled but suddenly froze right before the entire program crashed.

After dozens of unsuccessful attempts, I reinstalled the game. Still the problem persist. I checked and repaired installation and the problem did not go away. I reinstalled the whole operating system, twice. No luck. Oddly enough, I tried to login on FOUR separate computers and laptops - the same problem stuck itself in my face, all symptoms fit.
What's more, I could login all other worlds (Galica, Bera, Reboot etc) where I had no characters or few but without any luck logging in scania.

Eventually I started to think there might be something wrong with my account or the server? But seriously I really have no idea what's going on.
And I can not emphasize it more that I've tried all the cliche (reinstalling the game, repairing installation, reinstalling OS even, etc), along with the fact that the same thing happened on 4 different PCs.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    I see two possible reasons for this, considering Scania works fine for everyone else:
    1) There is a problem with one of your characters, that is causing the game to fail when trying to create its character-selection sprite, or
    2) There is a problem with your router or ISP, that just happens to have all Scania channels blocked or throttled.

To determine which it is, you can either
    - Try taking a laptop to a friend's house or somewhere else with WiFi, and see if you can log in from there.
    - Try making a new account and logging into Scania

If the problem is with your account, then you would not be able to log in to Scania no matter what net you use, but a new account will be able to.
    In that case, you must create a Customer Support ticket at http://support-maplestory.nexon.net
    Only Nexon can find out what the problem is, and fix it.

If the problem is with your network, even a new account won't be able to log in to Scania from home, but you'll be able to log in on your regular account from another location.
    In that case, you'll need to talk to your ISP about it.

Good luck!
  • KakashiEmreOrhanKakashiEmreOrhan
    Reactions: 500
    edited October 2018
    i have same problem on luna server at my home i can not play the game but if i login on my cousins home i can play the game
    what is the problem now
    my internet ?