[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Increasing Damage and Range

PianoPOPPianoPOP
Reactions: 600
edited September 2018 in General Chat
Hey, I have a Zero level 200.
To tell the truth, I'm not even sure what range is and I don't know where to check how much range and damage I possess.
As I understood, if I would like to level up at a plausible rate, and not at a ridiculous rate of one level per week/month, I have to increase my damage and range in order to "one hit" monsters - this way I will be able to mob efficiently and level up easily and quickly.
I have several questions:
What's range and how can I increase it?
Where can I see range and damage I possess and how can I increase my damage?
Thanks in advance for your help

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2018
    Your damage range is visible in the stats tab. The default key is "S" if you haven't changed it. You should have opened it after every level to distribute your AP.
    unknown.png
    Your range is located on the right side of the window, at the top, under the "damage" tab.

You can also record your damage directly and perform rudimentary calculations yourself using the Battle Analysis tab. Press the menu button with the three horizontal lines on the bottom-right corner of your screen and select "Battle Statistics". Then click "Start Analysis" to record how much damage you deal, how it's divided among skills, etc.
    SXo3qXG.png

One level per week/month is highly optimistic and unless you are grinding a lot with EXP multipliers (such as legion coupons, cash shop coupons, Holy Symbol, or others) you will not level up at such a rate. KMS did reduce the EXP needed for level 200-220 in their Black update, and included Storm Growth potions that work on level 200+ characters, however, so it's not impossible.

You can increase your range by upgrading your equipment. This includes obtaining high-level equipment (primarily CRA gear, Gollux gear, and working towards other best-in-slot items), enhancing equips with spell traces (if in non-Reboot) and Star Force, re-rolling Bonus Stats using Flames of Rebirth, and re-rolling potentials using cubes. Zero has a special upgrade system for their weapon as well, which you should have been taught about in the Zero storyline.

You're level 200, so you should be making 5th job advancement and moving into Arcane River. Arcane River has Nodestones, which can increase the power of your skills using boost nodes, and Arcane Symbols, which grant +main stat for your class (unaffected by %stat potentials). This should help increase your range somewhat.
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    ^
    Semi-simplified answer:
    1. Range = minimum and maximum damage you can do. Range is affected by mainly your attack/magic attack, main stat (STR/DEX/INT/LUK), and damage multiplier (usually buffs), so to increase your range, you have to increase your m./attack and main stat (upgrading equipment, spell trace/scrolling, star force, potential, and bonus stat). [Personally think the biggest impact on range is potential.]
    2. You can see your range and damage in the stats (default "S") window. Range and damage mean basically the same thing, so to increase damage, same thing as increasing range.