[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

html5 problem at boatride game stop working

bluemustangponybluemustangpony
Reactions: 100
in Tech Support
hi ive played this game a long time ago in 2006-2009 but now i have playing it was fine untill the boatride to victoria island from the tuturial, it says html5 problem with browser, help please

Comments

• LunavisLunavis
    edited September 2018
    Sadly I have the same problem, I tried to create a ticket but to be honest the support is about useless solving the problem. They did not even read the ticket and just responded with generic troubleshooting guides. The issue is related to cut scenes and as soon as one starts you will get that screen. A full reinstall does not fix it, a restart does not fix it either.

I have been working on the problem for about 8 hours now and have narrowed it down quite a bit. It seems like it is a conflict of some kind, for some reason it is having trouble loading a youtube video as the message you get is actually the same one you get if youtube can not load html 5. I am kinda at a loss almost the only thing I can think of at this point is some kind of audio conflict which is what I have been testing for the last 2 hours.
  • LunavisLunavis
    edited September 2018
    Yeah, I am at a loss, I have spent too much time working on this. I am pretty sure it is an issue with awesomium and webm/mp4 but I can't figure out what is causing it at all. I wish I could figure out how to get awesomium to fall back to using flash to play the videos, I might be able to fix it with that. I know at one time chrome had a wierd issue for a few people where you had to force flash player and then disable it to fix the same exact thing happening and Awesomium is built on that same version of chrome, but I can't see how to force flash in it.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2018
    Cutscenes are run through YouTube to reduce client size, which is why you're having the same issue with YouTube videos.
    I would clear your cache on your browser (the game defaults to Internet Explorer, but I'd clear any you have to be sure). I only recommend that because only a handful of people are having similar issues with YouTube and the only one with a "solution" was this.

I'll pass this along in case there is a conflict with the game loading HTML5, as ultimately YouTube (along with most other sites) is working on phasing out Flash entirely, meaning forcing it shouldn't be your best option.
  • LemonsLemons
    edited September 2018
    I have been having the same problem trying to create a Kinesis and an Explorer. Both saying "Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available. Click here to visit our frequently asked questions about HTML5 video." For Kinesis, it happens at the left subway scene around meeting the White Mage; for an Explorer, it happens after the tutorial Maple Island when you get on the ship to head to Lith Harbor.

I've created other explorers in the past and watched the video, but I was not able to this time. I have tried clearing my cache on my browsers (Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer) and restarted my computer. Unfortunately, none of those helped resolve the issue.
  • shadyDshadyD
    Reactions: 300
    edited September 2018
    hi guys and girls
    I was trying to make a new explorer, after completing the tutorial lvls 1-10. I went to go to the ship to Victoria Island when to the cutscene and got an error

"Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available"
    "click here to visit our frequently asked question about HTML5 video"

can't get passed it, updated everything and double all forums
    plz send help
  • pairheepairhee
    Reactions: 420
    Yup, I've been getting the same error all of a sudden, and now I'm forever stuck in a Friendstory scene. This bug made my character completely unplayable- it really sucks -_-

I've tried clearing my cache for IE and Chrome, and re-installing my chrome browser. My friend also tried my account on his computer, and he gets the same error!
  • KapustinKapustin
    When can this be fixed?
  • HoldHarmonySacredHoldHarmonySacred
    Reactions: 210
    edited September 2018
    Yo, I'm having the same problem here. I started playing a Luminous character and am now stuck right at the animated cutscene after you activate the seals for our old pal the Black Mage, and I'm unable to progress or skip the thing and get out of it. I really hope this gets fixed soon, because I was so hyped to play Lumi and now I'm just kind of stuck.

In the meantime, does anyone know where the game drops you if you choose to skip Luminous's tutorial cutscenes when prompted? Like, will it skip the whole thing, or does it give you the option to just skip specific cutscenes? Because if the problem's not fixed soon I may have to delete my Luminous, remake her, and try to bypass the problem by just skipping the video cutscene, but I also like story and don't want to skip the entire tutorial.

Related, does anyone know exactly how many video cutscenes there are in the game as well as where they all are? Because now I fear for my other characters and don't want them to get rendered unplayable due Youtube errors, so i'd like to know which questlines to avoid or put off until this gets resolved.
  • pairheepairhee
    edited September 2018
    By the way, if your character is stuck because of the error, and you don't mind skipping the cutscene, you can skip it by pressing escape. A window will pop up asking you if you'd like to skip the scene. This tip saved me, so I hope it helps someone else too!
    kekoaHoldHarmonySacredFennekin
  • HoldHarmonySacredHoldHarmonySacred
    Reactions: 210
    edited September 2018
    Oh, thank you so much for mentioning that, I tried it and it worked flawlessly. My character's free from the cutscene void and I can now go on with the tutorial in peace!

This is still a pretty gamebreaking bug if you don't know how to skip video cutscenes though, so I hope it gets fixed ASAP.
  • lonesuelonesue
    Reactions: 600
    edited September 2018
    I have same problem about HTML 5 that it can't not working in my browser. After the training, my character will take ship. Then I listen the song "Red"; however, it does not working now on September 17 to so on. Can you fix my problem?
  • DaylDayl
    edited September 2018
    Same issue here, wheres the solution?
  • lonesuelonesue
    Reactions: 600
    edited September 2018
    I have same problem about HTML 5. After the beginner training in maple world, I take ship go to Victoria Island. HTML video can not working. All new characters world are same problem too. From 2006 to 2018 in May, did not any problem. Now the HTML5 problem can't fix now. Can you help me solve this HTML 5 problem pleases?
  • DarkCygnusMCDarkCygnusMC
    Reactions: 1,220
    edited June 2019
    Hello, I don't know if anyone has posted the fix or not to this forum yet, but don't do a full re-installation of the game, it only gives you the same video error without fixing the problem. If anyone is still having this issue, go to this link and follow the instructions for installation repair. You may or may not have to do it twice, and you may have to do it again after the game updates. https://support.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/204533829-Having-an-issue-Repair-your-game-files-
This discussion has been closed.