[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bug Brawl Event Bug (No pun intended)

HeyImAdrianHeyImAdrian
Reactions: 200
in Bug Reporting
The new Bug Brawl Event started today, but I noticed a bug, or I believe is a bug anyway.
The first quest you receive from Dr. Ong gives you your companion bug and from then, killing monsters around your level will drop the small green bugs that the ladybug eats to level up.
The following quest appears when your ladybug is lvl 10 and you are supposed to level it up. I,, however, did not level my ladybug and i accidentally picked up a stronger bug, causing my ladybug to reset to lvl 0. After that, the small green bugs do not drop anymore so I am confused as to how to get my ladybug to level up at this point.

Comments

• DivineTacticDivineTactic Member
    edited September 2018
    The new Bug Brawl Event started today, but I noticed a bug, or I believe is a bug anyway.
    The first quest you receive from Dr. Ong gives you your companion bug and from then, killing monsters around your level will drop the small green bugs that the ladybug eats to level up.
    The following quest appears when your ladybug is lvl 10 and you are supposed to level it up. I,, however, did not level my ladybug and i accidentally picked up a stronger bug, causing my ladybug to reset to lvl 0. After that, the small green bugs do not drop anymore so I am confused as to how to get my ladybug to level up at this point.
  • HamieHamie
    edited September 2018
    Bug type: Quest
    Brief bug summary: I obtained the initial Bug Brawl event quest and proceeded to collect the small green bugs. After completing the first quest and obtaining the second quest to level up the ladybug to ant, my pet picked up a "stronger" bug which dropped my level below 10 (necessary level to level up the ladybug). Now, the only bugs that drop are ladybugs and above, all of which would decrease my bug level. It appears as though if you do not level the ladybug to ant prior to picking up one of the "stronger" bugs, the green bugs needed no longer drop (they appeared to have a really high drop rate initially). I tried abandoning the quest and reaccepting, which did not work. I abandoned the quest and restarted the game as well, that did not work either. I'm not sure if this is working as intended and the green bugs have a very low drop rate after the initial quest or if it is, in fact, a bug.

More details: N/A

Steps to reproduce: N/A

Character name: Hamajere

Character level: 209

Character job: Illium

World name: Scania

Date and time of the incident: roughly 9:30 EST on 9/18/2018
  • DubslyDubsly
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited September 2018
    Happened to me too. If you complete the quest '[Bug Brawl] Bigger, Better Bugs' Aphids stop dropping, so if your Ladybug then loses level you can no longer transform it and it's impossible to progress in the event.

Possible fix would be to give everyone access to the quest '[Bug Brawl] Debugging', which resets your bug to Ant and album to Ant Photo Album. Or just make Aphids keep dropping.
    JerrySwitzer
  • NovAuraNovAura
    Reactions: 710
    edited September 2018
    Same thing happen to me ….. I can't reset the quest... I can't drop the bug … I can't drop the book... Im stuck... I cant level up my lady bugs cuz my quest is glitch …. I can't do anything :(
  • burritomunch3rburritomunch3r
    edited September 2018
    needs a fix!
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    Thank you all for reporting this issue.
    Nexon has been informed.
    InvulgoYinYangXJerrySwitzer
  • NekudanNekudan
    Reactions: 910
    edited September 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Thank you all for reporting this issue.
    Nexon has been informed.

Same issue, thanks for reporting!
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited September 2018
    This mysteriously resolved itself for me after a few minutes- entered a new map and suddenly was swimming in green buggers, an amount i can only guess is unintended. Got my Titan Beetle in 2 minutes.
  • iHolowiHolow
    Same bug happen to me...
  • MarcusPimMarcusPim
    Reactions: 100
    edited September 2018
    i w8 solution...
  • jugglenutsjugglenuts
    edited September 2018
    This still isn't fixed for me.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2018
    jugglenuts wrote: »
    This still isn't fixed for me.

The fix should have been aphids now dropping regardless of what bug you have or whether the tutorial quest is active, however aphids now drop at a similar rate to other bugs.

Try using a legion drop coupon or a drop rate familiar to increase the drop rate of the bugs.