[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Beast Tamers Nodes Don't Work Correctly?

KingofFurriesKingofFurries
Reactions: 1,605
edited September 2018 in Bug Reporting
I've brought this up in the past but nothing has been done so i'm bringing it up again.

Bug type:

Nodestone Skill Boost issue

Brief bug summary:

Beast Tamer skill boost nodes don't boost correctly.

More details:

Basically, for other classes, first job skills get a bigger boost than 2nd job skills, which is a bigger boost than 3rd job skills, which get boosted more than 4th job skills. (IIRC 1st job is 7%, 2nd is 5% 3rd is 3%, and 4th is 2%) per level.

Well, this is different for beast tamer, all skills get boosted by 2% only. For example, in bear mode, this first skill, paw swipe, gets boosted by 2% and also the last skill, table flip, gets boosted by 2%. I would assume this is because beast tamer doesn't really have a 1st,2nd,3rd,and 4th job advancement, but when compairing with other classes, the first set of skills should have a higher boost than the last set of skills. It doesn't really make sense though because they're not considered 4th job skills. Combat orders is supposed to increase the skills level above maximum for 4th job skills (ex. 30>31) but beast tamer skills do not get boosted above the maximum.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Get a beast tamer to atleast lvl 200. 2. get some nodestones and get a boost node trio (any should work) notice how all the skills only get boosted by 2%.

For the second part: get combat orders (or in my case, decent combat orders) and notice how the skills cannot get boosted above maximum like they should, IF they are a 4th job skill (which, according to the nodestones, they are because they only get boosted by 2%)

Character name: KingFurry

Character level: 225

Character job: Beast Tamer

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: since the 5th job patch, no specific time