[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon Launcher system error 21003

MaulaMaula
Reactions: 310
edited September 2018 in Tech Support
This is the 2nd time, and i hoped it wouldn't last long, as the first time this error occurred it was solved after i uninstalled the launcher and reinstalled it again a couple of days after, the second time it happened, which is happening currently, the error did not go away after even after a week, in this week i have uninstalled and reinstalled the launcher numerous times, i even tried downloading the game on to a different drive, but it still showed the message "System Error 21003" , I played this game since i was like i don't know 9? or was it 12? I've been waiting for this game to be available in the region i'm in and when it finally was, this kind of error occurs which ruins the whole experience as a returning player.

Comments

• MaulaMaula
    edited September 2018
    after updating the nexon launcher after the patch, i can't even access the launcher anymore, its an endless cycle of "loading nexon launcher" which then closes then repeats it self. Is anyone else having this problem? how do i fix this? what is this, torture?
    Necromoni
  • OMRY99OMRY99
    Reactions: 600
    edited September 2018
    I've been having the same problem since the recent patch
  • RRiummRRiumm
    Reactions: 200
    i have the same problem now, there's no way to resolve it...
    i've tried to reinstall, install again and delect files which are set by this minor patch but anyway the situation is not changed yet.
    already more than 2hours spent for this, really annoying.
  • IcydropIcydrop
    Reactions: 655
    edited September 2018
    I had the same issue, this is how I resolved it:

1. Close all nexon programs
    2. Update the launcher by opening nexon_launcher.exe
    3. Default path is > C:\Program Files (x86)\Nexon\Nexon Launcher
    3. Wait for the launcher to update to 100%
    4. Accepting any firewall block messages > Allow Maplestory program
    5. Then Nexon launcher loads up like normal
  • NecromoniNecromoni
    Reactions: 300
    edited September 2018
    I'm having this issue, above solution doesn't work for me as I don't get any firewall block messages. Tried reinstalling also doesnt work, tried allowing nexon launcher in firewall doesn't work. It is constantly closing and reopening and you cant close it because as soon as you catch it in the task manager it closes and reopens again, and even if you catch it it'll just reopen. As a result, I'm forced to restart windows everytime I want to get it off my screen. Nothing I seem to do is working, need help fast...
  • MaulaMaula
    edited September 2018
    Maula wrote: »
    after updating the nexon launcher after the patch, i can't even access the launcher anymore, its an endless cycle of "loading nexon launcher" which then closes then repeats it self. Is anyone else having this problem? how do i fix this? what is this, torture?

UPDATE: after a couple of days of uninstalling the game, i installed it again, and i've successfully logged into the launcher. maplestory is redownloading, everything is going well so far.
  • Helal388Helal388
    Reactions: 200
    I have been looking all over the internet, and this thread so far is the only one that has my exact same problem.
    this happened to me before, and what I did was update my windows, after that it worked fine... HOWEVER, nexon launcher recently had an update, and the exact same problem happened... AGAIN!
    Necromoni wrote: »
    I'm having this issue, above solution doesn't work for me as I don't get any firewall block messages. Tried reinstalling also doesnt work, tried allowing nexon launcher in firewall doesn't work. It is constantly closing and reopening and you cant close it because as soon as you catch it in the task manager it closes and reopens again, and even if you catch it it'll just reopen. As a result, I'm forced to restart windows everytime I want to get it off my screen. Nothing I seem to do is working, need help fast...

You can kinda force open the launcher by deleting "nexon_runtime.exe" from Nexon Launcher folder, but that doesn't really do anything as you won't be able to play any of the games, it will either keep telling the product is in use ( which of course is not true ) or it will tell you that you have no disk space to download the game ( even if you have ). however doing that will stop the "loading nexon launcher" message from appearing.
    you can also disconnect your wifi for a bit, a message will appear telling you to check your connection and the launcher will stop trying to reopen.