[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Sengoku High Questions

HousePetHousePet
Reactions: 1,245
edited September 2018 in General Chat
So is this supposed to be a Cash Shop event? As I don't seem to be getting enough coins to get 1 decent item before the event finishes. (I've missed a few days and been murderised (mostly by Kanna) several times before getting to the end of it.)

I could buy some extra tickets from the rewards shop, (I don't think its worth spending really money on.) and maybe use a Wilderness Hunters Buff (as I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them) to get enough coins for one of the good items. But is that even worth doing? And which items are actually worth getting?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2018
    You should get enough coins by the end of the run to obtain one of the 1000-coin items, even if you don't use the reward point entries, because of the Maple Missions rewards.

You should focus on the badge or the emblem. Probably the badge as it can be starred.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited September 2018
    Only Chaos Scrolls work on the badge though, I guess, because I can't use Spell Traces on it. Where's a reliable place to get Chaos Scrolls of Goodness these days?
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    Geminia wrote: »
    Only Chaos Scrolls work on the badge though, I guess, because I can't use Spell Traces on it. Where's a reliable place to get Chaos Scrolls of Goodness these days?

Either buy them in AH or wait for event shops.
  • HousePetHousePet
    edited September 2018
    Murderised by Kanna again on round 10.
    Tried paralysing her another time and still almost died. Does she have a damage reflect skill?
    Why is Kanna on round 10 more dangerous than the final boss???

Only got 450 coins so far and will only have time for 3 more attempts. I think this has been a waste of time.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    HousePet wrote: »
    Tried paralysing her another time and still almost died. Does she have a damage reflect skill?

Only got 450 coins so far and will only have time for 3 more attempts. I think this has been a waste of time.

Worst case scenario, just save your coins for when Sengoku High comes back in 2years. (It's a bi-annual event that switches off with Red-Leaf High.)
  • DtxDtx
    Reactions: 770
    edited September 2018
    I've been off from the game 5 days due to work. Won't have enough coins for 1 ítem lol.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2018
    Dtx wrote: »
    I've been off from the game 5 days due to work. Won't have enough coins for 1 ítem lol.

With the Maple Mission rewards, you should. I'm almost at 2 1000-coin items at the moment and I've missed 3 days so far.
  • DtxDtx
    Reactions: 770
    edited September 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    Dtx wrote: »

With the Maple Mission rewards, you should. I'm almost at 2 1000-coin items at the moment and I've missed 3 days so far.

Claimed the maple mission tickets on the character that I just quit due to a problem that Nexon can't solve yet :/
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited September 2018
    HousePet wrote: »

Ranmaru is glitched(?) to spend 10 seconds for an attack that does absolutely no damage and blind you (ever since Sengoku High was released), where as Kanna and Hayato will straight up murder you on sight.
    Also Sengoku High Ranmaru is somewhat buggy due to it super extremely short non-existent knock back animation with no knock back threshold so it is very easy to perma stun him just by attacking.
    YinYangX
  • HousePetHousePet
    edited September 2018
    Yay, a glitchy event they roll out every two years.

I would have made it past 1000 coins due to an extra 5 tickets from Maple Missions and buying another 5 with Reward Points, but the game decided to crash on Round 3...
    I was 3 coins short.
    Bought another ticket with Maple points, as I'm camping tomorrow.

So in summary: I needed 14 extra tickets to get one 1000 coin reward. Definitely not a satisfying event. More painful than enjoyable.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Worst case scenario, just save your coins for when Sengoku High comes back in 2years. (It's a bi-annual event that switches off with Red-Leaf High.)

Correction: It's (generally) semi-annual.
    September 2018
    February 2018
    July 2017
    February 2017
    June 2016
    August 2015
    June 2015
    November 2014
    April 2014
    October 2013
    YinYangXscholar624
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    AKradian wrote: »

Ah, ty. I tend to forget stuff (as you've seen).

In that case, even better to the op since s/he just has to wait ~6 months instead of ~24 months!
  • RifftRifft
    Reactions: 100
    Please don't remove this type of content from GMS as we have seen so recently. We want to stay unique and love the exclusive content such as events like these and gollux/commerci is fun and exciting! Please don't remove this kind of stuff from the game it's what keeps it unique and true to the games roots let GMS live forever
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    Rifft wrote: »
    Please don't remove this type of content from GMS as we have seen so recently. We want to stay unique and love the exclusive content such as events like these and gollux/commerci is fun and exciting! Please don't remove this kind of stuff from the game it's what keeps it unique and true to the games roots let GMS live forever

o.o
    Where the heck did this talk about removing Sengoku/Red Leaf high come from?
    o.o
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    @yinyangx A while ago Arwoo went into a livestream chat and asked a "hypothetical" question about removing sengoku/ghost ship badges, and considering all his previous hypotheticals came to fruition, along with Nexon's recent content-purge habits, people are understandably spooked and FUD spread like wildfire.

nmRGlS6.jpg

( source https://clips.twitch.tv/ScrumptiousWealthyPuffinSaltBae )
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    @yinyangx A while ago Arwoo went into a livestream chat and asked a "hypothetical" question about removing sengoku/ghost ship badges, and considering all his previous hypotheticals came to fruition, along with Nexon's recent content-purge habits, people are understandably spooked and FUD spread like wildfire.

nmRGlS6.jpg

( source https://clips.twitch.tv/ScrumptiousWealthyPuffinSaltBae )

Ah, thank you for that insight.