[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can't Rename Pet to Original Pet Name

agnetagnet
Reactions: 445
edited September 2018 in Bug Reporting
Received Kero-chan pet from the Cardcaptor Sakura Event and wanted to use a Pet Name Tag to set his name as Kero-chan to make giving commands easier.

First Attempt:
Name: Kero-chan (original) -> Kero-chan
Result: Error message - That name is already in use. Try another.

Second Attempt after temporarily renaming to just Kero:
Name: Kero -> Kero-chan
Result: Get prompted with a name change confirmation. After confirming, Pet Name Tag is not consumed and no error message appears.

The use of the hyphen (-) does not appear to be factor because trying this with another type of pet will yield the same results as attempt two.
Toucan (original) -> Toucan-chan -> Toucan
FennekinEva

Comments

• AmyVAmyV
    Reactions: 100
    I am also getting the same problem.

I previously used a Pet Name Tag on my pet to give it a custom name. I wanted to remove the custom name from my pet, but there is no option for that, so I purchased another Pet Name Tag to rename my pet to its original name (Black Pig).

However, the game will not allow me to change my pet's name back to its original name. It allows me to input the original pet name (Black Pig), and the confirmation for name change appears. I press "Ok," and the dialogue closes but the pet is NOT renamed, and the Pet Name Tag is NOT consumed. No error message appears, the game simply does not allow the name change.

I have tried on other pets to rename them to their original names in the past but to no avail. This issue has persisted for many years. Hopefully we can get a working solution soon.