[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

trusted devices

DancemonDancemon
Reactions: 1,535
edited September 2018 in General Chat
in our account Settings we now have a part called Trusted Devices

a friend of mine had a lot of Trouble today logging in, because somehow maplestory did not recognize her pc as a trusted device anymore,

to get logged in again this involves a lot of hassle getting a code sent to the email of that account, before you can log in again

She had to do this for a number of accounts, which makes this a big a annoyance

since i never heard of this System of trusted devices i would love to know if this Option can be toggled off

does this mean that each time we try to log in from another location like a friends pc we have to check all our email accounts?

if so i hope nexon provides us with an easy walkthrough of how we can link our accounts that have old expired emails to new functional ones that will probably expire again in a couple of months

If anyone has more experience with this trusted device issue please Elaborate

And since this seems to be an extra security for our accounts, please give all the Players that think this is too much of a hassle the Option to toggle this off

I like to Play from other Locations without having to renew old emails and without dragging around lists of Passwords

any extra info on the subject is most wellcome

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    You should always make sure to have access to the email account for your Nexon account.
    If you don't, you should contact customer support (http://support-maplestory.nexon.net) and they will help you change the account's email (after you prove to them you are its rightful owner).

Trusted devices, in principle, is a good idea for preventing your account from getting hacked.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited September 2018
    Yesterday I was able to do hot time on my mules. Now I am dealing with this nuisance where now 3 mules are lost. I can easily reactivate my sister's account, but I got 2 accounts associated with dead emails with gibberish names. Does staff know how to deal with cases where your account was made mush?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Yesterday I was able to do hot time on my mules. Now I am dealing with this nuisance where now 3 mules are lost. I can easily reactivate my sister's account, but I got 2 accounts associated with dead emails with gibberish names. Does staff know how to deal with cases where your account was made mush?

Yes.
  • teateateatea
    Reactions: 100
    I wish this was never implemented. But then again, I guess it's a blessing in disguise now Nexon is forcing me to move on, I lost access to the account that I purchased the legendary ms2 package and all the work and nx that I put in the account. Love it
  • LandLordLandLord
    Reactions: 200
    Ok, I have the verification code in my email, where do i put it? I only see the spaces for username and password. Where do I enter the verification code?
  • LandLordLandLord
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2018
    ok, so i redownloaded the nexon launcher and gone through the setup for windows 7 and over, and now its fine
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    teatea wrote: »
    I wish this was never implemented. But then again, I guess it's a blessing in disguise now Nexon is forcing me to move on, I lost access to the account that I purchased the legendary ms2 package and all the work and nx that I put in the account. Love it

You can contact Nexon's Customer Support (http://support-maplestory.nexon.net) to regain access to your account.