[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Damage range to STR requires and vice versa - Zero

PianoPOPPianoPOP
Reactions: 600
edited October 2018 in General Chat
Hello, I wanna reach a certain amount of damage range (for example - 300 or 400k) but I have a little problem:
I'm a Zero, and the damage I see when I press S differs- every time in Alpha I see one number and when I tag to Beta I see a different number (higher than the one I saw when I were Alpha).
However, the STR I see when I press S does not change no matter which of Alpha or Beta I play.
My question is: How can I "convert" a specific amount of STR to damage range and vice versa - I want to have a 400k range, so how many STR to I have to possess?
Thanks in advance :

Comments

• RokaniRokani
    Reactions: 1,220
    edited October 2018
    Range formula is:

(Weapon Multiplier) * ((Main Stat) * 4 + (Secondary Stat)) * (Att/100) * (1 + Total Damage %) * (1 + Final Damage %)

Betas, weapon has a higher weapon multiplier, more % TD skills, and attack if I remember correctly making her range a bit higher compared to Alpha.

And if you are wondering Damage Formula is:

(Weapon Multiplier) * ((Main Stat) * 4 + (Secondary Stat)) * (Att/100) * ((1 + Total Damage %) + (Boss Damage %) + (Skill Reinforce %)) * (1 + Final Damage %) * (1 + Crit Damage %) * (1 + Skill Damage %) * (Skill Attack Lines)
  • PianoPOPPianoPOP
    edited October 2018
    Rokani wrote: »
    Range formula is:

(Weapon Multiplier) * ((Main Stat) * 4 + (Secondary Stat)) * (Att/100) * (1 + Total Damage %) * (1 + Final Damage %)

Betas, weapon has a higher weapon multiplier, more % TD skills, and attack if I remember correctly making her range a bit higher compared to Alpha.

And if you are wondering Damage Formula is:

(Weapon Multiplier) * ((Main Stat) * 4 + (Secondary Stat)) * (Att/100) * ((1 + Total Damage %) + (Boss Damage %) + (Skill Reinforce %)) * (1 + Final Damage %) * (1 + Crit Damage %) * (1 + Skill Damage %) * (Skill Attack Lines)

oh wow, I think I need an explaination of these
  • RokaniRokani
    edited October 2018
    Range is whats shown in the stat UI.
    Weapon Multiplier: Every type of weapon has a damage multiplier on it, ranging from ~1.1 - 1.9 or so. Zeros weapons have i think 1.3 - 1.5 multipliers on them.
    The Damage Formula is the damage that would be applied to a monster, ignoring their defense and resistance.

You'll have to be more specific if you want more info, cuz idk what your missing... Also maybe this will help:
    https://strategywiki.org/wiki/MapleStory/Formulas
  • PianoPOPPianoPOP
    edited October 2018
    Rokani wrote: »
    Range is whats shown in the stat UI.
    Weapon Multiplier: Every type of weapon has a damage multiplier on it, ranging from ~1.1 - 1.9 or so. Zeros weapons have i think 1.3 - 1.5 multipliers on them.
    The Damage Formula is the damage that would be applied to a monster, ignoring their defense and resistance.

You'll have to be more specific if you want more info, cuz idk what your missing... Also maybe this will help:
    https://strategywiki.org/wiki/MapleStory/Formulas

my main stat as a Zero is STR, whats a secondary one?
    att of the weapon /100?
    and what are total and final damage?
  • RokaniRokani
    edited October 2018
    Zero as a Warrior uses Str and Dex as main and secondary.

Your total attack is divided by 100, its not just your weapons but all sources. So take all attack added together then multiply by your % attack.

Total Damage is shown in the Stat UI window next to boss damage, skills and potential usually give this.

Final Damage is normally from skills and 5th job enhancement nodes, its also shown in the stat window.

But really if you want to know what your range will be you only need a few stats known and the first formula. Alphas weapon multiplier is 1.34, Betas is 1.49. Main stat is Str and Dex is secondary stat for you. Attack is added from all equipment and skills added together, don't forget legion, multiplied by (1+% attack). Total Damage % and Final Damage % found in the Stat UI.
    After you get all that info and plug it into the formula and check to make sure its close to your current range, this is to make sure you have all stats accounted for, you can then add stats to see what you need to hit your goals.