[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

First time playing in 12 years

MikeCMikeC
Reactions: 100
in General Chat
Hey everyone, playing on Scania, first time in 12 years. I have no idea what im doing, but i have old items from back when i played like a 2006 pumpkin basket, some independence hats, some maple weapons from old events. Looking to price them, not sell them. Also looking for pointers, im a sin and i need stars and guidance to what gear to wear. Thanks!!

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    MikeC wrote: »
    Hey everyone, playing on Scania, first time in 12 years. I have no idea what im doing, but i have old items from back when i played like a 2006 pumpkin basket, some independence hats, some maple weapons from old events. Looking to price them, not sell them. Also looking for pointers, im a sin and i need stars and guidance to what gear to wear. Thanks!!

Hmm, maybe post ss of the items? Or you could try going to the Scania Marketplace Discord.

Pointers:
    1. Hit lvl 200, get nodes.
    2. Star force hit higher cap
    3. Nebulites were replaced by flames.
    4. End game stars are either Balanced Furies or Crystal Ilbies (to my knowledge?).
    5. End game gear (last I remember) = CRA top + bottom, Gollux + Sweetwater accessories, Arcane/Abso rest of the equip.

If you want some help/to chat more, feel free to buddy list me, Cygnus277 (Night Walker main, =L).
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2018
    While your items may have nostalgic value, they aren't worth much in terms of power. If you want to keep their appearance for you to wear, you can use a Fusion Anvil item from the cash shop (2,700 NX) to transfer their appearance onto a more powerful item.
    YinYangX specified the best-in-slot (BiS) items, but these are difficult to obtain (Arcane equips require you to beat Lucid or Will, Absolab requires you to beat either Lotus or Damien). You should focus on obtaining something simpler, like Pensalir (drops from level 140+ mobs) first, and working towards best-in-slot items.

You should purchase an AP reset scroll from NPC Matilda (available in most major towns), and reassign your AP into your main stat (secondary stat requirements were removed).

Your character's name was also likely wiped during the name clearing event some time ago. You can instantaneously change your name using a name change coupon from the cash shop (15,000 NX).
    https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/360000171403-Character-Name-Change-Coupon-info
    The coupons have been present in certain event shops in the past, but I cannot confirm they will be in any upcoming shop.

robotman5YinYangX