[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Freaking Google Login

AlmostAWarriorAlmostAWarrior
Reactions: 440
edited October 2018 in Rants and Raves
Okay thanks Nexon for having a rant discussion board, but nOT SO MUCH THANK YOU

So I use Google to login to Nexon Launcher, and today it doesnt seem to work. I try closing and reopening it. i dont wanna uninstall nexon in case i lose my MS progress. so i decide to make a nexon acc. So I do so, and boot up Maplestory. It does the typical login screen, with the event thing and I click on my server, Chaos. I look at a few things as I wait for it to load, and when I hear that mystical sound, I get excited. I change screen and was just about to click start for my character, but no. What do I see?

Nothing! No characters, no progress, nothing! I was level 100 for Ark! I was doing Friendstory, the one spin-off I love! But NoOoOOoO

okay, I'm getting pretty triggered. If you want to help me, tell me; Do the characters depend on what Nexon account you log in to? If so, then thank Aurora, and get the Google login screen fixed. If not... well, lets not jump to conclusions.

Now, any help?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Er, yes, this is what I was attempting to warn you about in the other thread.

Characters are unique to the account you log into. If you create a new account, you cannot access the characters on your old account. Many players take advantage of this and a second computer to use a Kanna character for the Kishin skill.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    I get this is a rant and all, but what in the world made you think that you'd have the same character on different accounts? What would be the point of having "accounts" if you could access the character as long as you logged on from the "same computer". Also, that notion implies that accounts/characters are bound to the device, meaning you'd never be able to upgrade your computer/sell your old computer......
  • AlmostAWarriorAlmostAWarrior
    Reactions: 440
    edited October 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »
    I get this is a rant and all, but what in the world made you think that you'd have the same character on different accounts? What would be the point of having "accounts" if you could access the character as long as you logged on from the "same computer". Also, that notion implies that accounts/characters are bound to the device, meaning you'd never be able to upgrade your computer/sell your old computer......

Well, saw this the next day, and lets just say we all have our moments

I guess i have to stick with this computer then