[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Item-guard functionality

SageHanSageHan
Reactions: 300
edited October 2018 in Bug Reporting
It appears that when you seal an item using the item-guard sold by Cash Shop, there is one thing that is missing from its functionality. The description indicates that you are not allowed to drop, trade, sell, or adjust or upgrade the item once its sealed. I was able to confirm that i was not able to starforce or scroll enhance the sealed item. However, I was STILL ABLE to reset the potential of the item using red cubes. Note that in KMS, they prohibit you from resetting the potential of sealed item. So i figured this is a type of bug from GMS not fully functioning of an item guard. Please fix and adjust the item guard functionality to restrict the user from resetting the potential along with all other restriction. If this bug is intended, please clarify. Thank you.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    It is definitely intended.
    We had one DMT where it was not possible to cube sealed items, much to everyone's surprise, and Nexon reverted that change and re-ran DMT a week later.

As for what the desirable functionality is - personally I think we need two separate kinds of item guards.
    One kind that only prevents the item from being lost (so no drop, sell, trade, or use any form of enhancement that can destroy the item),
    and another kind that also prevents the item from being modified (so, in addition to the above, also no cube, flame, or non-destructive scrolls and enhancements).
    ArgentSageHan
  • SageHanSageHan
    Reactions: 300
    edited October 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    It is definitely intended.
    We had one DMT where it was not possible to cube sealed items, much to everyone's surprise, and Nexon reverted that change and re-ran DMT a week later.

As for what the desirable functionality is - personally I think we need two separate kinds of item guards.
    One kind that only prevents the item from being lost (so no drop, sell, trade, or use any form of enhancement that can destroy the item),
    and another kind that also prevents the item from being modified (so, in addition to the above, also no cube, flame, or non-destructive scrolls and enhancements).

sooo is that happening anytime soon? yea i would absolutely love to have two different types of item-guard...