[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game Image Stuck while Muti-kill

reseraphimonreseraphimon
Reactions: 100
in Bug Reporting
After the update on Oct 4, i find that if i kill multiple monsters at the same time, the game image will be stuck for a while, especially when i use ice age in slurpy forest depth with kanna's kishin, the image will be stuck for almost 1 second, which is bad experience for farming. I need a solution for this.

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    I've found personally that a few different things will cause this to happen.
    1. Exclusive Mode for sound on other programs.
    2. Certain Keyboard/Mouse compatibility issues.
    3. Running Certain programs.

Try closing out anything that might be causing any problems with maplestory and if possible, a different mouse and/or keyboard.
    This personally fixes it for me.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited October 2018
    Try restarting your computer.
    You might need to do a full shutdown if your computer was on for longer than 21 days (can be checked in the task manager in the performance tab) https://www.howtogeek.com/129021/how-to-do-a-full-shutdown-in-windows-8-without-disabling-hybrid-boot/
  • reseraphimonreseraphimon
    edited October 2018
    Rexaar wrote: »
    Try restarting your computer.
    You might need to do a full shutdown if your computer was on for longer than 21 days (can be checked in the task manager in the performance tab) https://www.howtogeek.com/129021/how-to-do-a-full-shutdown-in-windows-8-without-disabling-hybrid-boot/

But my task manager told me that my computer just worked for 8 hours, in fact i have tried rebooting for many times but never works.
    Actually, I think nexon changes the algorithm used for monster multi-killed, and that occupies lots of CPU or memory and results in image stuck.
  • reseraphimonreseraphimon
    edited October 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    I've found personally that a few different things will cause this to happen.
    1. Exclusive Mode for sound on other programs.
    2. Certain Keyboard/Mouse compatibility issues.
    3. Running Certain programs.

Try closing out anything that might be causing any problems with maplestory and if possible, a different mouse and/or keyboard.
    This personally fixes it for me.

I tried to close programs as many as possible but it didn't work, even if I rebooted my computer. As for mouse and keyboard, I just use both of them which is the original part of my laptop when i bought it, so it may not be the key to the problem.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited October 2018
    Try using the Nexon Launcher "repair installation" function (if you are using steam, verify the game local content)