[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Shadower Smokescreen Critical Damage Bugged?

WenezhaWenezha
Reactions: 940
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2018 in Bug Reporting
Brief Summary :

Shadowers have a fourth job skill called Smoke screen, According to the skill description, all party members become untouchable. Additionally this skill also should give a 20% critical damage increases according to the description but i have yet been able to show the damage increase. I ran multiple tests with both Decent Sharp eyes and a fellow Bowmaster's Sharp eyes. along with on dummies and normal monsters. The damage did not change with the enemies within the smoke. I did see small amounts of differences within the tests but its not big enough to say its from 20% critical damage at my stage of the game.

This link is for a youtube video thats show cases the damage difference on normal monsters with and without smokescreen :
This image shows a test on a dummy with smokescreen and without smokescreen : qKh4bAg.png

Character Name : LeWaffles

Character Level : 250

Character job : Shadower

World name : Mardia

Steps to Reproduce : Test Damage with and without smokescreen active. Critical rate 100% will make testing via Battle Statistics system more consistent and accurate.

Date and time of the incident : October14th 6:00 PM PST

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited October 2018
    Can you retry with as little %damage and %damage vs boss as possible?
    Perhaps it increase %damage by 20% for critical hits only (subjected to diminishing return when you have high amount of %damage and %damage vs bosses) and doesn't actually give the actual +20% critical damage. (Might be similar to Hero puncture skill where it give critical hit a 20% damage boost and not the actual +20% critical damage)
    Wenezha
  • WenezhaWenezha
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Rexaar wrote: »
    Can you retry with as little %damage and %damage vs boss as possible?
    Perhaps it increase %damage by 20% for critical hits only (subjected to diminishing return when you have high amount of %damage and %damage vs bosses) and doesn't actually give the actual +20% critical damage. (Might be similar to Hero puncture skill where it give critical hit a 20% damage boost and not the actual +20% critical damage)

Here you go! I can't figure it out if its suppose to be 20% damage or not. I think its not even giving a % dmg buff because even if it were to be a %dmg buff, the numbers would be higher between smoke and nonsmokes due to the fact i did a 28% and a 39% testLNDF15e.png
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited October 2018
    Been attempting to find any mention of the smokescreen bug on the KMS forum but was unable to find anything (either they don't have the bug or they hadn't discover the bug)

Wenezha
  • WenezhaWenezha
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Rexaar wrote: »
    Been attempting to find any mention of the smokescreen bug on the KMS forum but was unable to find anything (either they don't have the bug or they hadn't discover the bug)

According to a friend of mine in the MYBCKN Alliance, he heard about it. Apparently it was fixed ages ago in Korean Maplestory.