[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Illium's Umbral Brand + Cadena's Link [Question]

LoonitickLoonitick
Reactions: 405
edited October 2018 in General Chat
I have yet another question about Illium!

Umbral brand is one of Illium's passives in which some of your skills will cast this Brand upon an enemy (causing you to do way more damage).

I then was thinking about link skills and characters that I would like to make. I came across Cadena and was thinking about leveling her since she shares a cash shop with Ark and Illium (was already informed that they don't. rip), so I took a look at her Link Skill and was intrigued by it.
So this is where I came across the question: "Would Umbral Brand count as a status effect?"
Just looking for an answer to assure myself- if anyone knows, please leave a comment!

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Cadena does not share a cash shop with Ark and Illium. Cadena is a Nova, so she shares with Kaiser and Angelic Buster.
    Qaevi
  • LoonitickLoonitick
    edited October 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    Cadena does not share a cash shop with Ark and Illium. Cadena is a Nova, so she shares with Kaiser and Angelic Buster.

oh wait really, rip
  • LoonitickLoonitick
    edited October 2018
    Neospector wrote: »

thanks for this, but do you know about the actual question xd
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2018
    I don't know the answer; my first guess would be no.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    I can't say with 100% certainty, but I would also say no. Status would be poison, blindness, stun, freeze - not sure if there are any others I'm forgetting. If you're higher than the monster you're still getting half of the link, but otherwise it's not the greatest of link skills to go after.
  • SageofSongsSageofSongs
    Reactions: 200
    As I understand it the nature of the effect is an applied spell effect rather than a status effect. Status effects fall under traditional things like darkness, poison, burning, etc. The things you would see on potential weapons.