[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Schedule "Minor" Patch

YinYangXYinYangX
Reactions: 3,995
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2018 in General Chat
So semi- a rant/rave, but:
19hr patch, all of it in one day sitting = 5hr to do dailies.
Given, I admit that I always berate people who complain about the daily reset time / conflict with real life (but in their situation, they [rarely] realize that they're not utilizing their post-reset play time properly), but with this situation, unless you're able to play in that ~5hr time frame, you're kind of boned, and that kind of describes anyone who works during the day till dinner time.
Personally wished they'd split the patch time so it's partially on Tuesday/Wednesday game time or Wed/Thurs game time.

Takes on the "Minor" Patch?
  1. Nexon probably should have thought about the patch time window a bit more:7 votes
    1. yes
       71% (5 votes)
    2. no
       29% (2 votes)

Comments

• HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    "Minor" is in reference to the patch version, it's not an indicator of the amount of hours a maintenance for said patch should take. People meme about it a lot, but still.
    YinYangXQaevi
  • DiximaNDiximaN
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited October 2018
    Nexon should add more channels to Scania and Luna EU as well...
    Lyeden
  • DtxDtx
    Reactions: 770
    edited October 2018
    19 hrs of maintenance because some nerds on NA can't find spots.
  • LoyalHeartTigerLoyalHeartTiger
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited October 2018
    Well, I can't say much on this. They still give us plenty of time to make up. In the end, you just got to let them do what they do sometimes. And hey, everyone does have their own voice about things. So, don't berate them. You'll never know when it might come around to you and others berate you. It's the winds of Karma. They take no side.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Well, I can't say much on this. They still give us plenty of time to make up. In the end, you just got to let them do what they do sometimes. And hey, everyone does have their own voice about things. So, don't berate them. You'll never know when it might come around to you and others berate you. It's the winds of Karma. They take no side.

Can't find the other post where I explained this but short summary:
    Ppl complain that they don't have enough time to do dailies after they get back from work/school cause reset is 5pm PDT. If it takes them 2hrs to do dailies and they get home at 4pm pdt, they complain they only have 1hr. What they don't realize is that after reset, they basically goof off for 1hr after reset instead of doing 1hr of dailies after reset, go to work/school the next day, finish reset of dailies in 1hr after they get back, hence they have enough time to do dailies "before reset".
    ^That's the situation where I've been berating people who complain about reset/maint times. But in this situation, if someone misses their dailies over the patch, it's not cause they don't understand the reset/aren't using their play time wisely.