[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Regarding upcoming update, new 5th skills and more

SionneSionne
Reactions: 690
edited November 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Please don't change the skill mechanism of new 5th skill of Kinesis, Psychic Bullet, like KMS did in Sep. 6th. Kinesis naturally a mana less mage with pros and con. Such as not using mana potion but also using HP when using MP based 5th Uni-Mage skills. Furthermore, Kinesis' mainly used skill, or most damage dealt skill in boss, Ultimate-Psychic Shot uses Kinesis's resource, Psychic Point. Making the class unable to fire its main skill continuously which was very ironic. Kinesis is also known for having lots of bugs due to its unique skeleton animation and also for its unlikable triple jump speed and x-axis mobility. That's why Kinesis was only able to deal maximum possible damage in to the boss if the boss is not moving like Zakum's first phase. Now with psychic bullet it looked terrible at first but, after it's been studied, KMS Kinesis players figured out it was decent skill that can replace Ultimate-Psychic Shot after the first buff and also very effective and balanced for both light players(whom the damage of Shot is not strong enough to kill mobs) and heavy players. But it didn't mean that Kinesis is over powered and is number one in training and bossing now, it was just a necessary skill to all Kinesis who was suffering so far. However after demagogue and fabrication from maplestory communities in Korea, since other job players who thought their new skill wasn't good enough, KMS decided to nerf the skill and change the whole skill mechanism which make the skill point less. According to eminent maplestory damage analyst, after the nerf, Kinesis's total percent increase of damge of skill cycle when Psychic bullet skill is at level 1 was negative point, which makes Psychic bullet with negative damage increase with Viper's Furious Charge.
Think about a character who is unable to use elixirs but its cooldownless-main skill costs 10% of its mana every time on use. That is why Psychic Bullet after the buff was the hopes and dreams for Kinesis. But KMS took the last hope with the nerf on Sep.06.2018.
If GMS also applies this nerf, I will be depressed to play Kinesis as Kinesis main. I have devoted so much time on my characters and I appreciate and understand GMS has been user friendly especially for new players and free-to-play players in some parts way better than KMS. I'm greatly concerned about this matter, please take a look at this.

Also, I would love to have Beast Tamer for upcoming Tera Buring Event. I'm not sure what's the problem with the class but I'm pretty sure it can be corrected in terms of skills and stories. Please let us know if there anything about Beast Tamer in upcoming huge update. I've heard some interesting new suggestion on background story suggestion on Beast Tamer. Since KMS is planning on the work more on Grandis, I'm sure we can work on this! I hope we can see Beast Tamer in near future, hopefully in upcoming Black Mage Patch!

Best,
Mapler
Asters