[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Medal collector here, but huge problem.

Lucsean99Lucsean99
Reactions: 1,565
edited November 2018 in General Chat
Say i enter a dungeon Lv125, but i'm nearing lv140. the mobs before the main bosses are nothing.
Several dungeons are like this.(Death count 5) Root of the Abyss, Tower of Oz, Magnus, Mushroom Shrine, Lotus and much more.

I'm basically doing no damage at these bosses, so i don't understand why the little mobs are too easy but the main boss i can't put a dent into it? I got lotus maybe down to 75% left but couldn't really do anymore damage because of delay of using Elixirs. So i never really complete Black Heaven, which is disappointing.

So is there any other way to go for these medals besides spending real life money for damage purposes? Several equips were destroy while doing star enchantment, but why keep spending money on that to keep it. In the end it still not enough damage.

Angelic Buster
Corsair
Dual Blade Master
Mercedes.
Have excellent lv160 weapons for all classes and lv150 lv140 armor as well.

Yet Still I can't do any damage?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2018
    You'd have to specify which boss difficulty you're trying to enter, your damage, whether or not you have party members, and so on.

Root Abyss bosses have very different mechanics from each other. Normal Root Abyss bosses have about 315,000,000 HP, which might take a little while but should be beatable if you deal decent damage.
    Chaos Root Abyss bosses have about 3x HP as their normal counterparts, and are level 190. You will not be beating the Chaos bosses at level 140, and it's unlikely you'll beat them without a party or good gear.

Tower of Oz depends largely on how much time you can accumulate from Stupid Pills and how quickly you can complete the floors.
    The bosses in Oz are:
    • Giant Spider with 400,000,000HP (level 129)
    • Tin Woodman with 1,000,000,000 HP (level 150)
    • Cowardly Lion with 6,300,000,000 HP (level 170)
    • Scarecrow with 2,100,000,000 HP (level 190)
    • Dorothy with 840,000,000,000 HP (level 210)
    These bosses have to be faced in the same run of the tower, with one timer throughout the entire tower.
    It's unlikely you'll be able to clear Tower of Oz without very good gear and much practice.

Magnus easy mode has 400,000,000 HP and is level 110. Normal mode is 6,000,000,000 HP and level 130. Hard mode is 120,000,000,000 HP and level 190.
    The key to Magnus is to remain in the blue aura, otherwise your damage is reduced significantly. Unless you have a party, hard and normal modes require the burst damage necessary to defeat Magnus while dodging the meteors.

Mushroom Shrine's Tengu does not rely on your damage at all. There are two attacks which create a purple aura surrounding him. When he uses these skills, enter the purple aura and press Space Bar. You must then follow the quick-time event keys on screen (with "S" representing Space Bar) to deplete a fraction of Tengu's HP.

You're not facing normal or hard Lotus at level 140, so I'm going to assume you're trying Black Heaven. Black Heaven scales Lotus's HP, level, and other stats according to your level. In addition to this, if you fail the battle enough times, you can weaken Lotus (reducing the number of lasers in the first phase, reducing his HP and defense). It shouldn't be necessary to obtain very good gear to fight Black Heaven Lotus, but you might need practice.

Additionally: Magnus, Lotus, and the Oz bosses have 5-second cooldowns on potions. That is why there seems to be a "delay" on using them.
    YinYangX