[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Where's the ship? (First Time Playing in 8 years)

SkyeStarSkyeStar
Reactions: 100
in Rants and Raves
I recently jumped back into this game after 8 years and there were so many changes including new classes. The first thing I have noticed was: I didn't see any ships, air travel, or trains. What happened to it? Was there an update that caused Nexon to take it away? Please tell me, Thank You.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2018
    The airships necessary to travel between continents are still at Six Path's Crossway, as they have always been. Additionally, most ferries are free now.

However due to a few tricks, players do not typically use the ships for transport.
    A faster method of travel is to accept the initial Alishan quest (you don't have to do the entire storyline) at level 33 or FriendStory at level 100. You may then use the Dimensional Mirror in any town to travel to Alishan/Closet House respectively, and then exit via the portal on the left where you'll arrive in Henesys, from there you can use the Quick Move button on the left-hand side of the screen to reach Six Paths Crossway, travel through the Dimensional Portal to Grandis, and travel back through the Dimensional Portal to any town you desire.
    You can also use the Maple Guide (default hotkey is "U") to directly teleport to areas around your level, or to any area for which you have collected a stamp (by killing mobs or completing certain questlines).
    Hyper Teleport Rocks can also be bought in Reboot for mesos or in normal servers for Reward Points, which are faster and more direct than any of the above methods.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    The ship is not via Ellinia anymore. To get to stations quickly press Quick Move under the minimap of any town and select the airship icon where available.