[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Effect Removal not working for my own screen/view.

asjiklMatasjiklMat
Reactions: 520
in Bug Reporting
I'm trying to remove the effect of the Lightning God Ring and I'm following these clear steps:
1) Click on the "Effect" button in the equip window, this should turn it into a flashing button.
2) While the effect button is flashing I go over the the LGR equip slot (with it equipped) and I right-click the equip slot.

But nothing happens. The border around the equip slot stays green and the effect stays on. I suspect this is a bug.

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited November 2018
    Does not work on LGR becuase it is a summon that rebuff the attack buff and not an effect.
  • asjiklMatasjiklMat
    Reactions: 520
    edited November 2018
    Oh I see, so there is no way to cancel out the animation around my avatar then? I don't care too much for the summon but the spiraling animation can be distracting for jump quests and stuff (I know I can unequip, I'm just saying).
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    asjiklMat wrote: »
    Oh I see, so there is no way to cancel out the animation around my avatar then? I don't care too much for the summon but the spiraling animation can be distracting for jump quests and stuff (I know I can unequip, I'm just saying).

Correct. As Rexaar said, because it is a summon and not a visual effect, it cannot be disabled. Only items that provide purely visual effects can be disabled. Now, I'm not sure why it couldn't be switched from a summon into a visual effect, but that's a whole different can of worms. =P