[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Quest Bug- Monad (Fixed for me)

KotsuraKotsura
Reactions: 100
edited November 2018 in Bug Reporting
So I just finished the first stage or the part where you help the villagers. After you earn your reward from Peytour the game gets the runtime error abnormal thingy. I can no longer play the game because of this. I already tried ending it with task manager, but after I earn my reward it breaks. Please fix or help!

Update: I've managed to get past the first and second reward screen since the game crashed after I pressed next. I need the game to get to the next page before it crashes to receive my reward. This 3rd stage crashes before. A possible fix is to make a patch that gives you the reward when you transition into the reward screen. The game still runs when you aren't doing anything while you let the error message sit there.

Update 2: I switched to my laptop since I was going out of town. After trying it on my main account with my blaster, it still didn't work. I tried hopping on a new account so I can burn my Cadena and the Monad quest worked fine. Before on my computer, it didn't register the rewards as it was all blank I believe. I don't believe it's the hardware you're on now. I think it's the user data or something.

Update 3: I tried to complete a part the Monad quest on the computer and it ended up crashing. I went back on my laptop to see if it works on there and I was able to collect my reward. So uh, really confusing.

Final: After updating my computer to Windows 8.1, I managed to get the quest to work.

Comments

• EpigenesisEpigenesis
    Reactions: 575
    edited November 2018
    Will confirm that doing Monad makes my client crash and burn. The first time it was on the reward screen; the second time it was as soon as I saved Alika and Hawalu from the tower.
  • jt162cmjt162cm
    Reactions: 200
    Issue Still Not Fixed? [Nov. 20 2]
    Even after the minor patch/maintenance issued on November 20th, 2018, the client crashes when the game enters the reward screen.

Unscheduled Minor Patch - November 20, 2018
    Fixing an issue where Monad reward screens could crash the client.
  • KotsuraKotsura
    edited November 2018
    Yeah, it still crashes for me. It happens sometimes before the reward screen as well.
  • NoFreeDinnerNoFreeDinner
    edited November 2018
    Greetings everyone,

Here is a bug I have been running into:
    Bug type:
    Runtime Error!
    Program:
    C:\Nexon\Library\maplestory\appdata\maplestory.exe
    abnormal program termination

Brief bug summary:
    In the first act, the game crashes after completing the brief jump quest to save the npcs from the burning tower. More specifically, the game crashes at the cutscene where you get the reward

More details:
    Playing maplestory in computer running bootcamp. The bug was reproduced in two different computer with comparable setup. Let me know if specific specs are needed. I will be glad to provide feedback

Character name:
    MikiSayaka2

Character level:

Character job:
    Dawn Warrior

World name:
    Reboot

Date and time of the incident:
    2:00 PM EST 11/21/2018 Game version v.200.3.0.
    Note: I have been running into same issue since previous v.199 versions.
  • SpuddySpuddy
    Reactions: 620
    edited November 2018
    I know that Monad is a running gag and joke about all the crashes and all but ever since starting my burn character, it's been ridiculous. All parts of the act were 100% just fine, however the moment you climb the towers and get to the reward screen, you instantly get a runtime error. Every. Single. Time. My other character finished everything with a few crashes here and there through all acts. Problem is that I've restarted the game exactly 5 times now, and the runtime error persists on the dime of hitting the OK button on Alika's message just before the screen. Not even sure how to combat this.
  • SpuddySpuddy
    edited November 2018
    I posted about it too, I restarted 5 times and to no prevail. I'm doing it on a burn character as well, so I thought at first it was causing some ridiculous multi-entity leveling issues but.. :/
  • SpuddySpuddy
    edited November 2018
    Kotsura wrote: »
    Yeah, it still crashes for me. It happens sometimes before the reward screen as well.

Confirming, still crashing. 5 restarts and nothing. Rip tera burn character super-leveling
  • JamesIntJamesInt
    Same here. I can't do anything. Not able to forfeit the quest. I'm stuck in this map until this glitch is patched...
  • JamesIntJamesInt
    Please fix this issue asap ... :(
  • Dpkillah_1Dpkillah_1
    Can confirm this is still happening even after they had a whole maintenance for this. I’m now stuck in a cutscene and can’t even play that character.
  • Dpkillah_1Dpkillah_1
    edited November 2018
    This crash is still happening and now I’m stuck in a cutscene and can’t play my character.
  • SpuddySpuddy
    edited November 2018
    Topic poster said he got his fixed to updating his windows. I'm still having issues, but I suggest they should get rid of the cutscene and just make it like the traditional quest finish thing as a temp fix
  • TesitoTesito
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2019
    Hi, i have a problem with Act-3 , i was in cayne and Einar practice where you have to defeat them , but then i run out potions so i decided to go out and buy some , then when i return i just apear in other map and now im stuck there , dont know how fix this im trapped, pls help