[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

5th Job Skill Alternate Name Poll

EpiclolEpiclol
Reactions: 300
edited November 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So today in the Official Maplestory Discord, Aru has sent out a poll to give players a choice in what their new skill names should be. I'd like to bring up that this is certainly not the best option to do when it comes to changing skill names. Firstly one major problem with this is that it is for only seven classes out of forty-four classes. That is such a low amount of classes to even bother with and it is very easy to call out on two or three classes that not a lot of people had a problem for the new skill name to begin with. The poll has several flaws already and another major issue is that I doubt that many maplers will take this poll seriously for there has already been comments saying "I'm going to vote for the worst names ever" and I'd like to think that'd be a joke but the reality is that it's not a joke. A part of me writing this has been because of disappointment with my own class skill name but the more that I think about it I'm not upset because of my own class won't get a chance anymore. I'm upset with the lack of communication and choices we are given. Most maplers will see the poll and when they don't see their class they'll just say "Way to go nexon..." and move on. It baffles my mind when we had a recent post about being more transparent and being more dedicated to give us the best experience but you don't want to maplers of all classes a chance to let their opinions be heard out? That's all I have to say about this poll, thanks for reading and I'd like to hear your guys opinion about this as well.

Comments

• LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2018
    I understand your frustration and I agree with the post unfortunately there are little of us that cares about the classes.
  • RadiantSightRadiantSight
    Reactions: 1,025
    edited November 2018
    All we want is a nice simple name that closely matches KMS, closely matches how the skill works, or easy to understand. Sometimes, Nexon localization takes it a bit too far.
    LilyflowerFuhreak
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2018
    kms have a nice name for each skill classes why cant we have the same in kms.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited November 2018
    For future skills, perhaps we can introduce more classes, but this poll was limited due to how sudden and short notice this was.
    As many of you saw on our website, the names were finalized for the most part, but we had both internal and saw external complaints regarding certain skill names.

Through feedback from our internal teams and feedback collected from our community, we created the poll with 7 upcoming 5th job skill names.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Arwoo wrote: »
    For future skills, perhaps we can introduce more classes, but this poll was limited due to how sudden and short notice this was.
    As many of you saw on our website, the names were finalized for the most part, but we had both internal and saw external complaints regarding certain skill names.

Through feedback from our internal teams and feedback collected from our community, we created the poll with 7 upcoming 5th job skill names.

Okay, and what about the other classes...? F/P Mage skill makes absolutely no sense, and meanwhile there were classes that were perfectly fine being included in the poll.

The problem with your approach is that you cannot pick and choose certain classes and completely disregard others. If you didn't plan on addressing the concerns of all the classes, you shouldn't have picked any at all. All this has done is open up a bigger can of worms and make the classes that are being screwed over by not having their voices heard become even more disenfranchised and salty about the situation.
    FuhreakEpiclolLilyflower
  • EpiclolEpiclol
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2018
    Arwoo wrote: »

Adding on to what Mira said, I understand what you're trying to do but ultimately how most people see this even on the official Maplestory Discord is that this poll is a joke and you should vote for the most hated name rather than what was expected. There are many ways of handling this issue regarding skill names but Aru this certainly wasn't the best way possible in handling this situation. I see this poll and can't stop thinking that this was basically favoritism which is weird because there were classes that not a lot of people play these days on the poll but somehow they got recognition to be in the poll. It's steps and directions like these that makes the community always think "wow, it's nexon anyways so it doesn't matter."
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited November 2018
    Rest assured that the names selected were not troll picks. I do have more faith in the majority of this community to select names that they truly like. However, as your original post states, it would be good for us to consider all classes in the future in regards to skill names.
    Fuhreak