[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

After the recent maintenance still have lag issues

AngeliAranAngeliAran
Reactions: 400
edited November 2018 in Bug Reporting
These couple days I’ve been training on my Tera burning char and around 6-7pm pst it starts the lag and then dced and I dced one last night and today from monster park

Comments

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Yeah the lag/freezing last night was especially bad. Might have just been an off-day for the servers.
  • EternityMaxEternityMax
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited November 2018
    I made a post on the Tech Support forum describing an issue I'm having, similar to yours.
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/22732/game-extremely-laggy-and-crashes-every-2-minutes

Is this what you're experiencing?
    If so, then I'm glad I'm not alone at least. The problem is, I tried so many things to fix the problem. I even sent a ticket to Nexon, and they gave me tons of solutions I can try (Reset IP, flush DNS, disable Firewall, modify something in regedit, etc), but NOTHING worked.
    I recommend sending them a ticket too. Maybe if enough people bring this issue to their attention, they'll put more effort into fixing it.

Here's a video showing what I'm experiencing:

As you can see: Lagging to the point where it's unplayable, then I get kicked by GMMaplePolice, then I disconnect again and again.

Sadly, I personally have given up. Maybe I'll come back in a month or so to see if the issue has been resolved.
    Until then, enjoy your Black Mage/Maple Alliance/Maple Relay/Tera Burning events, everyone :(
  • AngeliAranAngeliAran
    edited November 2018
    Yes it’s like the problem u have it lags and takes a while for monster to kill
  • EternityMaxEternityMax
    edited November 2018
    Oh, I forgot to mention:
    The lag only happens when I'm attacking monsters and when using Miracle Cubes.

There's no lag whatsoever in towns. Is it the same for you guys?
    Like, if you go to a town, can you use buffs/potions without delay? Can you chat without delay? That's how it is for me, but as soon as I step out to a field with monsters, the lags/crashes begin.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Yup, this is exactly what happens. I do find that certain channels are worse than others, but overall the game has been quite shiesty the last few days. =/
  • EternityMaxEternityMax
    edited November 2018
    Let's try to narrow down the possibilities...
    May I ask where you guys are from? And what region you play (NA or EU)? I'm from Israel and I play the NA servers.
    If you're from there (or in the Middle East in general), then maybe it's a regional issue?

I'll check to see later today if I have these problems in the EU server.

Scratch all that; I managed to fix the issue. It's weird, but it worked:
    I simply checked if the lags occur in the EU server (I play in the NA one). I clicked "Change Region" in the world selection screen, chose EU, made a new char and got it to level 20. There was no lag at all.

Then, I went back to the NA server and started playing. Voila - The lag is gone O_O
    So apparently, all you have to do is connect to the EU server and then go back to NA (I'm not sure it's necessary to create a char), and the problem is fixed. I hope it'll work for you guys as well!
  • AngeliAranAngeliAran
    edited November 2018
    I only lag when I am on field with monster but in town it’s fine
  • EternityMaxEternityMax
    edited November 2018
    AngeliAran wrote: »
    I only lag when I am on field with monster but in town it’s fine
    Mira wrote: »
    Yup, this is exactly what happens. I do find that certain channels are worse than others, but overall the game has been quite shiesty the last few days. =/
    Alright, I suggest you two try what I did - Go to the EU server, and then back to NA (Or vice versa if you already play in EU server). If you don't know how to do that, just tell me and I'll explain.

If it doesn't work, try creating a character and playing for a bit (Like up to level 20 or something), then go back to your original server and see if it fixed the lag.