[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Skill name voting - needs more options

TheHoATheHoA
Reactions: 1,890
Posts: 333
Member
edited November 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests

Comments

  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 1,970
    Posts: 311
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Yeah, because only 7 of the 44 classes matter apparently. It seriously boggles my mind how their decision-making processes work...
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 1,890
    Posts: 333
    Member
    edited November 2018
    Mira wrote: »
    Yeah, because only 7 of the 44 classes matter apparently. It seriously boggles my mind how their decision-making processes work...

    I'm pretty sure more than those 7 class users don't like their new skill names.
    Fuhreak
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 1,970
    Posts: 311
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    That is absolutely correct, as I'm in one of those classes, and have voiced my opinion in the other thread about this topic and in the Discord. Alas, as usual, their response is that they're doing nothing about it but will 'try harder next time' - I'm not sure I can eyeroll any harder than I already am. =/
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,480
    Posts: 498
    Member
    edited November 2018
    Mira wrote: »
    That is absolutely correct, as I'm in one of those classes, and have voiced my opinion in the other thread about this topic and in the Discord. Alas, as usual, their response is that they're doing nothing about it but will 'try harder next time' - I'm not sure I can eyeroll any harder than I already am. =/

    Excessive eye rolling and sighing go well together.

    As already mentioned, because of how last minute the poll was, it wasn't possible to include every skill for a community poll. Recall during the Override update, there were many complaints in regards to the skill names. However, it was decided to ignore such complaints and have Maplers deal with it. Gotta love that Shurrikane, The Nuclear Option, Lord of the Deep, etc...

    From the community's feedback we gather with the recent efforts, like I've said, we'll try our best to include every class in future skill naming related polls or just not do it at all.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 2,795
    Posts: 476
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Excessive eye rolling and sighing go well together.

    As already mentioned, because of how last minute the poll was, it wasn't possible to include every skill for a community poll. Recall during the Override update, there were many complaints in regards to the skill names. However, it was decided to ignore such complaints and have Maplers deal with it. Gotta love that Shurrikane, The Nuclear Option, Lord of the Deep, etc...

    From the community's feedback we gather with the recent efforts, like I've said, we'll try our best to include every class in future skill naming related polls or just not do it at all.

    Love the honesty here. (Not being sarcastic or snarky.)
    The poll was very last minute, so I can see how it would be a "bit much" for Nexon to come up with multiple options for every class.
    It might have been better to just offer two for each class. The current localized version, and the "translated" version.
    This would have been much easier to provide options for all classes.

    As for not doing it at all in the future, please don't let negative backlash prevent you from making good business decisions, Nexon.
    Please keep the transparency up, pushing news about upcoming updates further and further ahead of the actual update will help prevent things like this from happening in the future.
    MaplerOver9000
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 1,890
    Posts: 333
    Member
    edited December 2018
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Mira wrote: »
    That is absolutely correct, as I'm in one of those classes, and have voiced my opinion in the other thread about this topic and in the Discord. Alas, as usual, their response is that they're doing nothing about it but will 'try harder next time' - I'm not sure I can eyeroll any harder than I already am. =/

    Excessive eye rolling and sighing go well together.

    As already mentioned, because of how last minute the poll was, it wasn't possible to include every skill for a community poll. Recall during the Override update, there were many complaints in regards to the skill names. However, it was decided to ignore such complaints and have Maplers deal with it. Gotta love that Shurrikane, The Nuclear Option, Lord of the Deep, etc...

    From the community's feedback we gather with the recent efforts, like I've said, we'll try our best to include every class in future skill naming related polls or just not do it at all.

    This might be the last one for a loooooong while though. I still think the Mech vote should have more ammunition related names (Artillery, Armory, etc.)