[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game crash a lot after last update

Roni777Roni777
Reactions: 1,180
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Game crash a lot / game error after last update
Brief bug summary:
After last update, there waas a server crash/restart bug. and until now, players still experience game crash a lot in a day. Sometimes it also shows error. It happens when starting the game and while playing the game

More details:
The game crash, I suspect the new Guild skill that give players Reward point / The Red coins after certain times. It seems this probaly spam players with continuous update on the coins. Until it reach limit 10 times, it will pop up a message for players to claim it. and after players claim them, it will start regenerating Reward points again. if it happened to all players accross server, i suspect it might cause the server lag.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Start the game.
2. Play casually.
3. In between the game crash you more than before

Character name:
RedNightW
Character level:
Character job:
NightWalker
World name:
Reboot
Date and time of the incident:
Since last update

Comments

• EternityMaxEternityMax
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited November 2018
    I've had this issue as well. I play the NA server.
    The issue got fixed for me when I switched to the EU server, played there for a bit (There was no lag), and then switched back to NA where all my characters are. Suddenly the lag is gone o.O

Try that. Make a new char in the EU server, play for a few mins (like up to level 20), then switch back to NA and see if the lag is still there.
    Maybe it's enough to just switch to EU and then back to NA, without creating a new char, but I'm not sure.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited November 2018
    Could you give an example of specific instances when you were crashing?
    What map/server/channel were you on?
    What were you doing at the time of the crash when the message popped up?
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    scholar624 wrote: »

The memory leak issue that we had a few months back is happening again. The longer you play, the more likely you are to have it happen. I trained for 2 four-hour sessions yesterday and each of them had one memory leak crash. You'll notice weird things start happening - the first time, the world map was transparent, and when I would type in the chatbox it would be invisible. The second time, an elite boss spawned, but the map music stayed the same until the bonus round triggered, and then the bonus round music persisted after it was done, followed by an immediate crash.

I know there was theories that doing Legion was what triggered the memory leak to happen in the first place - can't say that's still true, but something to consider.
  • luna02luna02
    Reactions: 1,255
    edited November 2018

in this last days so many people have constant crashers in many places example bains cerebes in mine of the death , forsaken 2-3 , heaven, vanish arcane in latern etc , crash in the launcher or in the poop up of wizet or nexon but this is constat, this crashs have years , when fixed this problem ? icant play nothing due to mantenances bads and i am not only whit this problems so many people posted always this tipe of problem in the forum durant years, the problem of hacking is the principal problem but the 2do mayor problem of this play is the crash and lag in the game
  • miclee14miclee14
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2018

The example is everywhere. After the Black Mage update, I also seem to be getting more crashes throughout the play. This is not related to any specific channel, map or activities, more like it just crashes over short period of time, frequently. This memory leak issue is probably the cause because some contents are invisible or not accessible after a bit (invisible inventory, black screen auction house, maple guide, list goes on) More players are online now because of this big release, but I really think there needs to be serious fix on this issue. It is becoming more difficult to enjoy the game if it keeps crashing. Please resolve this issue as soon as possible. Before time to defeat the black mage! :)
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    @Scholar I crash when Maplestory loads the game 90% of the time. Took me around 40 mins just to succesfully play the game. Sometimes it crash at Char selection. Sometimes crash while i play the game. It is random. So far i counted around 25 times perday. I use 2 computers. the other one crashed a lot too.

The other thing i realise is the blue chat message at my in-game chat box i keep getting, saying something about graphical issues error. It appear a lot on both of my computers. it tells me that it will resolve after i restart the game. It popping up every around 20 mins.

This is the error chat notice
    "An effect that uses a specific function of the graphics card did not display properly due to temporary performance issue. The issue will be resolved when you restart the game". Not sure if it has connection. But this chat message start appearing nearly the same time when my game keep crashing 20+ times a day.

It is not internet issues since only 1 of the game on 1 of my computer crash. It it is internet issues, both would have crashed together or at least lagging.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    @Luna. the crash was getting better there was less crash. Until black mage update comes around.
  • jhonnymadidjhonnymadid
    Reactions: 100
    Roni777 wrote: »
    @Scholar I crash when Maplestory loads the game 90% of the time. Took me around 40 mins just to succesfully play the game. Sometimes it crash at Char selection. Sometimes crash while i play the game. It is random. So far i counted around 25 times perday. I use 2 computers. the other one crashed a lot too.

The other thing i realise is the blue chat message at my in-game chat box i keep getting, saying something about graphical issues error. It appear a lot on both of my computers. it tells me that it will resolve after i restart the game. It popping up every around 20 mins.

This is the error chat notice
    "An effect that uses a specific function of the graphics card did not display properly due to temporary performance issue. The issue will be resolved when you restart the game". Not sure if it has connection. But this chat message start appearing nearly the same time when my game keep crashing 20+ times a day.

It is not internet issues since only 1 of the game on 1 of my computer crash. It it is internet issues, both would have crashed together or at least lagging.

I also get that message "An effect that uses a specific function of the graphics card did not display properly due to temporary performance issue." The issue will be resolved when you restart the game. The truth is I do not know how to do it so it does not appear but it makes the game become lag I have windows 7 ultimate if someone knows how to solve it and explain me and thanks