[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Combo Fury - Hook function Falling and Rush delay

thrakkesthrakkes
Reactions: 2,135
edited November 2018 in Bug Reporting

As you can watch on video, I have a huge trouble using Rush immediately after Combo Fury hook function (down arrow + skill) animation ends. May act like if I was still in midair or something, but I can use Rising Rage. I can use every other skill when Combo Fury ends, on ground. Just Rush i can't do that for a while.

I personnally think that it happens from the moment Hook function was added ages ago. Noticed that it was never really reported. I personnally know a very few Heros training with Combo Fury for extra mobility.

thrakkes, Lv244 Hero, in Bera server.

Step to reproduce: Hold down arrow + skill combo fury so you drag yourself to ennemy. Holding Rush when animation is about to end and notice there is a huge delay using Rush skill.

Falling down issue: Not seen on video, but if doing Combo in air at same level of platform or very sligh higher over a pit, I may fall down under that platform. Happening occasionnally to me frequently in Spirit Savior, so I must use the hook under the platform to not fall down. Personnally, I think it is probably due to the speed i was falling down when I started casting it, I can't really confirm at 100%.
And looking at 3:24, if the monster I grab was completely on the edge of the platform instead, I would stop in front of the mob and i fall down. If you notice, the skill works so you always stop in front of the monster. You must have targeted monster completely on edge of platform and using combo fury over a pit, midair, as it will always grab the oldest spawn in Combo Fury range, this is the only way we can reproduce this situation. Maybe it will be better if landing on the ennemy spot, even if we take some damage, not like they do a ton on character, even under the 1.5x of Arcane Force requirement, under minimum required or outside of Arcane River. As for end game bosses, except Hard Lucid final phase, they don't do touch damage.

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited November 2018
    In general there is a brief delay between movement skills. (for example when playing as Zero, they cannot combo Grand Rolling Cross, Flash Assault or teleport into each other for 0.5 seconds, Kaiser cannot alternate between Piercing Blaze and Dragon Barrage even though they are completely different skills).
    This is mostly likely a bug fix to keep consistencies with other classes that has multiple movement skills.

• thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited November 2018
    Rexaar wrote: »
    In general there is a brief delay between movement skills. (for example when playing as Zero, they cannot combo Grand Rolling Cross, Flash Assault or teleport into each other for 0.5 seconds, Kaiser cannot alternate between Piercing Blaze and Dragon Barrage even though they are completely different skills).
    This is mostly likely a bug fix to keep consistencies with other classes that has multiple movement skills.

After reading this, I can understand as 0.5 sec is not a lot. But for this situation, the delay is way longer than 0.5 sec, looks more like 2 sec or something. Even Kanna has very short delay, teleport plus the dash on 2nd job. So I don't see why a longer delay for Rush as there is almost no occasion doing that at training.