[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Make Dark Lord Items Only Drop During the Quest

PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
Reactions: 5,265
edited December 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So I made a thread back in October 2017 requesting this same thing, but it didn't gain any traction. Now that we have the event confirmed to be returning in February 2019, I think it's best to ask this in preparation.

Most of us know about the Dark Lord Totem event, I assume. If not, the way the event works is as follows:

1. Accept the daily quest.
2. Pick up the 4 different Use items (Doom's Mantle, Avenger's Quiver Belt, Hellia's Key Necklace, Grin's Ordinary Ring), and you will receive Etc versions of these items.
3. Do the quests related to each item to get accessories. Each time you complete a certain accessory, every one of that Use item you pick up will give a small EXP boost for the next minute (like that Bug Master event, but much lower).
4. Complete the final quest to get 10 totem racks, each giving a random totem.

However, the main suggestion I want to make is about how the Use items drop 24/7, even when the quest isn't in progress. This was admittedly much worse back in October 2017, since we were still dealing with pet loot lag. Even though that's been fixed, it's still completely unnecessary to have dozens of these drops while farming, especially since people tend to farm items such as droplets, nodes, symbols, etc, and the Use items don't do anything once the quest is complete for the day. So hopefully, since Nexon seems to be doing a bit better PR-wise, this will also be taken into consideration.

TL;DR: Make the Use items only drop during the quest, thankfully the Etc items only go in your inventory once, but there's no need for the Use items to drop when the quest is completed for the day.

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2018
    I could only pick up one of each "unique" item. How odd. I checked an alt and I have one of each item. I can understand it woudl take up a lot of space on an alt in a regular server though.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2018
    I seem to recall, whenever this event last ran, that the etc items that you have to pick up to get the quests stopped dropping after you had one of each.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited December 2018
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    I could only pick up one of each "unique" item. How odd. I checked an alt and I have one of each item. I can understand it woudl take up a lot of space on an alt in a regular server though.
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    I seem to recall, whenever this event last ran, that the etc items that you have to pick up to get the quests stopped dropping after you had one of each.

The Etc items were only once in your inventory, but not the Use items (what you see scattered all over the ground). It wasn't about filling up your inventory, but about having a bunch of useless junk cluttered on the ground.

Added a TL;DR to my post to clarify what I meant.