[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

"Quest Appeared" Overload and Game Crashes

SamwinModSamwinMod
Reactions: 420
edited December 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type:
Glitch and Crash

Brief bug summary:
I'll open up the game, and it will load incredibly slowly. When it finally connects to a server, it takes an equally long amount of time to get into the game itself. When I eventually get in, I would be able to play for a few hours before the game started freezing and not responding for a long period of time. At first, I thought it was because maybe I had a lot up on my desktop at the time, but after having exited out of everything except for MapleStory, the problems got worse. I noticed that my chat was being spammed with "A new quest has appeared! Click the icon at the bottom of your screen!" along with the sound byte every 20 seconds, even though there was nothing there. My game began to "crash" again and stop responding until it was so bad I had to terminate the program with task manager. Each time I opened up the game again, the spam continued and the amount of time I could play until it crashed diminished until just now when I was able to log on for about 10 minutes before I had to terminate the program again.
Please note: I've been playing MapleStory for years now, like back when Cake VS Pie was a thing, and Aran was the big name character. But I've never seen the game do this before, nor have I changed anything about how my computer runs the game, so I'm certain this isn't a bug on my end.

Character name:
CelticReturn

Character level:
112 or so

Character job:
Aran

World name:
Galicia

Date and time of the incident:
Anytime I log in, EST