[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Quest - Giant Monster's Energy not working?

PetalmagicPetalmagic
Reactions: 7,660
edited December 2018 in Bug Reporting
So with the updated Moonbridge, I got this quest, it didn't seem too bad "Survive 3 stages of terror". So the monster spawns and I kill a bunch of Terror Beasts, then I kill the Big Monster that spawns afterwards. Got stage 1 Terror. Second spawn, I didn't after killing the big monster. Third spawn, I did, stage 2, pretty easy. Every spawn after that, 4, 5, and 6 has YET to give me my 3rd stage so I cannot complete the quest. Is this a bug or am I understanding the quest incorrectly?

IGN: Luminumbra
Class: Luminous
World: Reboot
Level: 212

PS: another person in my map was having a similar issue with the quest and not "tiering up" their Terror debuff.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2018
    You have to kill all of the little slightly-different-color-soot-glare bastards for it to count as "surviving" the stage.

And yes, I agree that it's crappy. I was going to do dailies on a mule and straight-up just gave up and left because you cannot do this crap at anything less than fully geared main.

From what I've seen, by the way, if you kill all of the terror beasts before some as-of-yet arbitrary point in the timer's duration, the big bugger doesn't spawn and it counts as clearing one stage.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2018
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    You have to kill all of the little slightly-different-color-soot-glare bastards for it to count as "surviving" the stage.

And yes, I agree that it's crappy. I was going to do dailies on a mule and straight-up just gave up and left because you cannot do this crap at anything less than fully geared main.

From what I've seen, by the way, if you kill all of the terror beasts before some as-of-yet arbitrary point in the timer's duration, the big bugger doesn't spawn and it counts as clearing one stage.

An event shouldn't require a fully geared main to do them...even if its the Black Mage. What about all the half-geared new tera burners?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2018
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »

An event shouldn't require a fully geared main to do them...even if its the Black Mage. What about all the half-geared new tera burners?

Things scale with your level, and you can only do the moonbridge dailies after you've done the 5th job advancement. It probably assumes people above 210 are more or less solidly geared. Still dumb though. Dial back the scaling please, think of the mules.

Mule lives matter