[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

falsely banned in Void map

DiosothDiosoth
Reactions: 320
Posts: 23
Member
edited December 2018 in General Chat
https://i.imgur.com/GVBjnxn.jpg

I was fighting an elite monster in the Void Current, next thing I know I'm kicked off by GM Police, and can't log in. I'd like to know why.

Comments

  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 11,720
    Posts: 2,150
    Member
    edited December 2018
    You'll probably be wanting to contact support about this. No one on the forums can help you, not even the community manager.
  • DiosothDiosoth
    Reactions: 320
    Posts: 23
    Member
    edited December 2018
    I filed a ticket, now to see if they settle this before the Black Mage event ends, or if they don't just say "all bans are fair" and close it.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 11,720
    Posts: 2,150
    Member
    edited December 2018
    For all anyone knows right now, you might've actually been hacking. You certainly wouldn't be the first person to get busted for hacking and feigning innocence. But then, that's why these things aren't handled by way of the forums anymore.
    YinYangX
  • StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 905
    Posts: 58
    Member
    edited December 2018
    If anyone is curious what happened next, he kept reddit updated.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/a4q41d/hunting_in_void_current_map_fighting_an_elite/
  • DiosothDiosoth
    Reactions: 320
    Posts: 23
    Member
    edited December 2018
    I don't know why they have a ticket system for bans since they refuse to investigate and only give the standard form reply. Their system lagged while I was playing, they claim I was hacking, and per their rules they don't have to show any proof to anyone of that.

    They want to uphold a 1 month ban, since this is the game's biggest event ever I opted instead to uninstall the game and launcher and will not be returning. I made that clear in my ticket response. For all I know my ban was extended to permanent for saying as much, I don't know, I didn't read their reply, nor do I care to but it would not surprise me. I don't care to fight this. Chemotherapy and many other issues have totally drained my will or ability to fight any battles, and this seems a completely pointless endeavor. This also means I won't be buying further NX and the almost $300 I bought this year is money wasted on a game that the company running has driven me away from(yes, I know, I spent that this year, not in a month, so it's probably of no real value to them). The one piece of related merchandise I own will be disposed of, and any fan art I'm sitting on, including my own characters, has been sent on a permanent trip to the recycle bin. I've had a 12 year history with this game, for nothing.

    As far as the reddit thread goes I am not posting further to it, reading it, or reading any PMs sent to me. I will delete it shortly.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,500
    Posts: 498
    Member
    edited December 2018
    I can provide some insight into the appeal process. Yes, the message you receive per sending in an appeal may be generic, but it does not mean the case went ignored. Once your ticket has been responded to, our investigations team looks further into the claim. If the ban is lifted, evidence was inconclusive. If the ban remains, the evidence was sufficient.

    For the most part, I'm sure those around here knows that this is how it goes. I just want it to be clear that "I got a generic robotic response, they're ignoring my ticket" is not the case.
    YinYangX
  • PhomaniacPhomaniac
    Reactions: 310
    Posts: 5
    Member
    edited December 2018
    From Nexon's point of view, the amount of claims of false bans they get that are actually legitimate hackers is so damn high that they needed to resort to this type of ticketing system. It sucks, but so does the alternatives of allowing even more hackers ruining the game for everyone.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 11,720
    Posts: 2,150
    Member
    edited December 2018
    Phomaniac wrote: »
    From Nexon's point of view, the amount of claims of false bans they get that are actually legitimate hackers is so damn high that they needed to resort to this type of ticketing system. It sucks, but so does the alternatives of allowing even more hackers ruining the game for everyone.

    I know you mean well, but don't bother. He went off on an absolute nut on reddit. Same username if you want to go see. He submitted a ticket at what would've been around 4 PM PST on Sunday, then barely 24 hours later is treating the game like a nasty break-up with a girl or something. Everything even remotely mushroom-related is the devil and he must purge it from his life or something.
  • DtxDtx
    Reactions: 760
    Posts: 71
    Member
    edited December 2018
    So he got exposed on Reddit, using the same nick there and on forums for maple hacks. :o
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 11,720
    Posts: 2,150
    Member
    edited December 2018
    Dtx wrote: »
    So he got exposed on Reddit, using the same nick there and on forums for maple hacks. :o

    No, nothing like that. Had I been thinking I'd have screenshotted his reddit posts. It was pretty much a table-flip without much provocation.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 1,795
    Posts: 406
    Member
    edited December 2018
    it seems like alot of us get falsely ban nowadays. Peace and love and hope all goes well. I know from experience nexon messes up at times but we will get it right. Also as voice of the people and community I am here to support you and all who is hurt by nexon. Fist up!!

    RizaSaika#8726
    Riza Saika (bera-Leader of Dragontribe)
    Riza Saika (ms community- Voice of the people)
    Riza Saika (ms community- Voice of the Voiceless)
    Riza Saika (ms community Malcolm X)
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 11,720
    Posts: 2,150
    Member
    edited December 2018
    If you have nothing worthwhile to add riza, don't post. Your inane droning offers nothing to 90% of the threads you post in(with the other 10% being the garbage you start yourself).
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 1,795
    Posts: 406
    Member
    edited December 2018
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    If you have nothing worthwhile to add riza, don't post. Your inane droning offers nothing to 90% of the threads you post in(with the other 10% being the garbage you start yourself).

    My biggest fan shhhh.
    Diosoth wrote: »
    https://i.imgur.com/GVBjnxn.jpg

    I was fighting an elite monster in the Void Current, next thing I know I'm kicked off by GM Police, and can't log in. I'd like to know why.

    So I recommend you review your past history as sometimes maple takes auto pics of you playing and saves it in your Nexon MapleStory folder. There should be snapshots prior to your ban I recommend looking at it and seeing if there anything to prove your case. As I mention in another thread false bans happen more often now and we have tools now to prove our case record or learn to record and take shots of things you do things you buy and gear as much as you possibly can. I teach most players how to do these things in my chs and when I'm modding I always tell players to do that. GL and happy mapling.

    RizaSaika#8726
    Riza Saika (bera-Leader of Dragontribe)
    Riza Saika (ms community- Voice of the people)
    Riza Saika (ms community- Voice of the Voiceless)
    Riza Saika (ms community Malcolm X)
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,090
    Posts: 1,149
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    *double post
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,090
    Posts: 1,149
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    riza wrote: »
    So I recommend you review your past history as sometimes maple takes auto pics of you playing and saves it in your Nexon MapleStory folder. There should be snapshots prior to your ban I recommend looking at it and seeing if there anything to prove your case. As I mention in another thread false bans happen more often now and we have tools now to prove our case record or learn to record and take shots of things you do things you buy and gear as much as you possibly can. I teach most players how to do these things in my chs and when I'm modding I always tell players to do that. GL and happy mapling.

    RizaSaika#8726
    Riza Saika (bera-Leader of Dragontribe)
    Riza Saika (ms community- Voice of the people)
    Riza Saika (ms community- Voice of the Voiceless)
    Riza Saika (ms community Malcolm X)

    The auto-screen shot is only at "memorable moment's (level up, boss clear, etc). Not saying it's impossible, but the chances that he was banned "happened" to be during one of those moments is probably not likely. >.>
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 1,795
    Posts: 406
    Member
    edited December 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »
    riza wrote: »
    So I recommend you review your past history as sometimes maple takes auto pics of you playing and saves it in your Nexon MapleStory folder. There should be snapshots prior to your ban I recommend looking at it and seeing if there anything to prove your case. As I mention in another thread false bans happen more often now and we have tools now to prove our case record or learn to record and take shots of things you do things you buy and gear as much as you possibly can. I teach most players how to do these things in my chs and when I'm modding I always tell players to do that. GL and happy mapling.

    RizaSaika#8726
    Riza Saika (bera-Leader of Dragontribe)
    Riza Saika (ms community- Voice of the people)
    Riza Saika (ms community- Voice of the Voiceless)
    Riza Saika (ms community Malcolm X)

    The auto-screen shot is only at "memorable moment's (level up, boss clear, etc). Not saying it's impossible, but the chances that he was banned "happened" to be during one of those moments is probably not likely. >.>

    I know I'm saying that there can be a possibility if he was training or whatever he was doing prior could have been snapshotted most of the people don't know that function exists so I am giving him an option to explore as we should always explore our options. But there can be a possibility of it so might as well give it a shot to send with his ticket.

    RizaSaika#8726
    Riza Saika (bera-Leader of Dragontribe)
    Riza Saika (ms community- Voice of the people)
    Riza Saika (ms community- Voice of the Voiceless)
    Riza Saika (ms community Malcolm X)