[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Account banned and don't know why, any advice?

zxpf44zxpf44
Reactions: 100
in Off-Topic Discussion
Sent an appeal and was told that my Kanna character was detected using "Damage Speed Hack/no delay" in Slurpy, which I obviously hadn't done (the account was also banned several hours after I had logged out, so I'm also curious as to how that happened if anyone could explain). Upon sending a followup email I was informed (again) that my account couldn't be released due to the "severity of the violation" and that "Continuous contacts regarding the same appeal will have your account restricted from support." (which I interpret means that I can't send any more tickets). No further information given, aside from repeated mentions of the "nature" and "severity" of the ban which I found to be very uninformative. Anyone have any insight on what I can do at this point still?

Comments

• rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited December 2018
    zxpf44 wrote: »
    Sent an appeal and was told that my Kanna character was detected using "Damage Speed Hack/no delay" in Slurpy, which I obviously hadn't done (the account was also banned several hours after I had logged out, so I'm also curious as to how that happened if anyone could explain). Upon sending a followup email I was informed (again) that my account couldn't be released due to the "severity of the violation" and that "Continuous contacts regarding the same appeal will have your account restricted from support." (which I interpret means that I can't send any more tickets). No further information given, aside from repeated mentions of the "nature" and "severity" of the ban which I found to be very uninformative. Anyone have any insight on what I can do at this point still?

Well I know for the Kannas who are in my guild, some of them I have them record themselves training "May not help you in this case but hear me out". a lot of people, the game system and players are quick to call a Kanna or blaze wizard a hacker due to many people who run the markets sending those chars to farm mesos or ebosses. With playing those classes your always at risk when you train of being ban, one of my guildies she got accused of hacking and her and her friend that day was training and after she dressed her friend up someone messages me about seeing her hacking "she wasn't" but that is the harsh reality. I had some players I know in and out the guild train and record. So the thing is we have to remember we have a lot of tools nowadays that we didn't have before I know recording and bossing may be annoying but its one really good tool to use when your training, Trading, or having a heated argument. I know I recorded mods, players and other people abusing their power or term of service and though people may say false things I did I had evidence of it being the complete opposite to the point of one mod blocking me when she muted me. Not to put that person in a bad light but being falsely accused happens and part of our life that why recording and keeping documentation of everything is crucial. Asking for help here isn't going to help you as the mods can't do anything. You have to speak directly with the service team, Also sometimes when you play the game it takes snapshots of what you do and saves it in the game folder in the place where your windows are installed. Gather all that information and send it to them the service team actually does a good job. Also once you get unban after you do that part I told you just record some of your bossing and save it on a google drive or something. delete the files every 5-10 days whenever you train, with that if someone accuses you, you have the proof to shut down the argument. Good luck and hope everything works out.

RizaSaika#8726
    Riza Saika (bera-Leader of Dragontribe)
    Riza Saika (ms community- Voice of the people)
    Riza Saika (ms community- Voice of the Voiceless)
    Riza Saika (ms community Malcolm X)
  • zxpf44zxpf44
    edited December 2018
    Thanks for the reply! Naturally I'd like to get this solved by just talking with support, but after their second reply I'm a bit worried that I'll get ignored or blacklisted if I continued down that path. I'm mostly frustrated that the GM's refuse to reveal any actual information regarding the ban, which makes it really hard for me to argue my case, given the limited evidence I have. Regarding the autosaved snapshots you mentioned, I did find a bunch but they're only of my characters leveling up; are these what you were talking about, or are there others that I should be able to find somewhere else?
  • rizariza
    edited December 2018
    Thanks for the reply! Naturally I'd like to get this solved by just talking with support, but after their second reply I'm a bit worried that I'll get ignored or blacklisted if I continued down that path. I'm mostly frustrated that the GM's refuse to reveal any actual information regarding the ban, which makes it really hard for me to argue my case, given the limited evidence I have. Regarding the autosaved snapshots you mentioned, I did find a bunch but they're only of my characters leveling up; are these what you were talking about, or are there others that I should be able to find somewhere else?

If you message the mods not much will happen as their job is strictly to report and not really take real action. The GM team actually is a solid and good team and even help me prove my innocence with the ms1 discord ban and other things. They also help me when my account was hacked from someone in Mexico. They do take long but if you need help contacting them I got them on speed message so I help you out also if you're in bera you should join our bossing chs where we teach about safe mapling and have guides for controllers, video recording and safe playing. GL and hope all goes well :D

RizaSaika#8726

https://discord.gg/qEtN9rF
  • zxpf44zxpf44
    edited December 2018
    Sadly I'm on reboot :/ but I appreciate the offer! I'm pretty sure I have been speaking to the right people (I filed a ticket under customer support on the game site and both of the replies I mentioned were from GM's). If you could get me into contact with them directly that would be wonderful, otherwise I guess I can continue emailing them and also send a couple of the screenshots.
  • rizariza
    edited December 2018
    Sadly I'm on reboot :/ but I appreciate the offer! I'm pretty sure I have been speaking to the right people (I filed a ticket under customer support on the game site and both of the replies I mentioned were from GM's). If you could get me into contact with them directly that would be wonderful, otherwise I guess I can continue emailing them and also send a couple of the screenshots.

yea Just keep doing that they work and handle a lot of cases so don't be disalarm. But yea Hope it gets settled.

RizaSaika#8726
  • zxpf44zxpf44
    edited December 2018
    So I just got another reply that was in the exact same generic format as the first reply, and did not address any of the things I mentioned.... Is there any other more direct way to talk with support, like a live chat or something? Communicating through email seems absurdly inefficient, especially given that each time a different person replies and half the time my current ticket just gets closed.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    So I just got another reply that was in the exact same generic format as the first reply, and did not address any of the things I mentioned.... Is there any other more direct way to talk with support, like a live chat or something? Communicating through email seems absurdly inefficient, especially given that each time a different person replies and half the time my current ticket just gets closed.

There is a Live Chat option, which you should be able to see if you are logged in to the support site.
    Live Chat is active between 10AM-5PM PST on weekdays, and 1PM-5PM PST on Saturday and Sunday.
    zxpf44Invulgo