[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can't do Quests, Can't Level up, Maps full of hack

MrSaitoMrSaito
Reactions: 100
edited December 2018 in Rants and Raves
WTF is going on, i have been reporting many hackers but still they exist in same area,

Knight Stronghold maps are full of hackers everywhere.. mostly with names letters and numbers.

I can't find a good ch to level up since most of them has their bonus EXP at 10% ~ 20%

why won't they get ban... just ban their IP as start

can't even enjoy the game right now... waste of Tera burning Event

FYI its Scania Server GMS

make me a freelance GM to drop the hammer of justice at hackers #WillDoItForFree

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2018
    If I had a week, I still couldn't adequately explain to you why "make me a freelance GM" is one of the worst things a company running a game like this could ever do. You're an unknown, you simply can't be trusted. You can sit here and say "no you can totally trust me, all I want to do is ban the bots" all you want, you're still untrustworthy. In fact, why don't you get in line with the other 40 or so people who have offered themselves up to be mini-GMs for the sake of banning bots over the years?

This all ignores, of course, the fact that "freelance" by its very definition indicates someone who is not contractually-bound to any one company or another. That furthers strips away your trustworthiness. How can you be trusted with the ability to ban people when you don't have any legally-binding obligation to the company?

And another thing, IP bans don't hold very much weight anymore nowadays, what with the prevalence of VPNs and the like.
    FuhreakYinYangXHinizin