[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Played this game for 10 years on and off

JustPlainOldMeJustPlainOldMe
Reactions: 300
in Rants and Raves
Hello fellow Forumers

I write to you not for sympathy and nor for advise (although that is always welcomed)
I wanted to express how bad I am feeling with nexon decision to ban my account Anoxthefighter
sadly the I was playin like every other day in the last few weeks (participating in Black Mage - Journey for Destiney) and when I was done hunting for the flame bird essence thing
I left my character MercedesAnox in the outpost to gather even more determination when I came back I was logged off which I thought to my self was odd but since my internet connection is bad sometimes I wrote it off as bad connection issue iv been playing through a lot of lag lately as I am from outside the us and iv always thought that ill be able to my goals of having all Maple Heros level 250 and playing through lag was just an inconvenient way to go on doing that but after trying to log on my favorite channel 9 on the bera server I was informed by a blue window that I hacked or cheated and for that I am banned I don't know if it was the combination of the flame bird skill and the lag or whatever but unless a Christmas miracle happens it seems MapleStory/Nexon will not even hear me out (I keep getting what I presume automated messages)

and so from now on I might go to post some of my fanart but I must admit that most of my will got sucked away by this incident

PS
I myself despise hacking or cheating and as an aspiring video game developer I do get that MapleStory/Nexon is doing the best they can and that they should favor the greater good rather then on player whos legitimacy is in question and so I created this post so people with the same experience can gather and share their story for this unique case

Comments

• BTKTBTKT
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2018
    Check out other threads here and on reddit, there are quite a few players who have encountered the same false ban issue including myself.
  • JustPlainOldMeJustPlainOldMe
    edited December 2018
    I implore and plea of anyone who got banned by the “suspicious map activity” to hold on to hope

I just got unbanned and I’m so happy that I’ve got My Maple Heroes back

Although I must admit that I’m very much afraid of hunting and grinding or even leveling
  • TharRandomPersonTharRandomPerson
    Reactions: 205
    edited December 2018
    honestly i think nexon needs to calm down a bit on this whole thing

yes i know that hackers and botters (which are common) are really damaging to the player base but i feel like banning innocent people is much more damaging

i mean i got kicked recently (no bans yet) for having a third party application open (that's what it said i think) but the only thing i had open other than nexon launcher and maplestory was explorer (used by windows to browse your files, totally harmless and i can't see how i would use that to mess around with maplestory. Oh, and not e that i was in the pictures folder and not maplestory file folders.
  • JustPlainOldMeJustPlainOldMe
    edited December 2018
    Yes there’s is a lot of problematic directions they decided to go

But honestly I feel like the game is so unstable (client wise) that most hackers just exploit that
    Example : I was trying to look at the cash shop after I got unbanned and 3s and the game just
    Disappeared

I definitely think that making the game client and launcher more stable will assist in dealing with the hackers