[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

More Controller Support

AznboiEAznboiE
Reactions: 3,445
edited December 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
As it currently is, the joypad layout is restricted to placing up to 11 keys onto 10 buttons, but there are skill some controller buttons that remain unused. The L2 and R2 buttons aren't used specifically, neither are the directional buttons on the D pad (for xbox controllers, i dont remember if the D pad is used for PS3/PS4 controllers for movement).

That is 6 buttons unused plus the right joystick (though that would be hard to use skills with and is better left alone). Furthermore, 3 of the 11 possible keys that could be assigned are restricted to using the normal attack key, looting, and jumping, so you're really limited to using 8 of your own skills. For a class like Corsair, that's not nearly enough buttons to assign used skills and buffs, even with the buffs macro'd.

A good solution would be to add support to the unused buttons mentioned above, and instead of having preset keys that can be assigned to buttons (Normal Attack, Jump, Loot, QWER, & ASDF), have the buttons ready and allow a player to assign any key by selecting the button you want to use via the Joypad UI in Maple, and pressing the corresponding key you want to bind it with. Like there's no need for the Attack Key unless you're specifically playing Aran.
SlicedTime

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    I would rather see them remove controller support entirely. It gets in the way of other better options.
    I use a total of 39 keys on my controller setup. (Not including arrow keys)
    All 32 quick slot keys + Pickup, Attack, Jump, A Non-quickslot Movement Skill key, NPC Interaction, Escape and Enter.
    Nexon cannot hope to compete with the amount of complexity I can get by just using Steam or other 3rd party programs.
    At the very least, give me an option to disable the native support so that I don't have to unplug my controller every time I launch MapleStory.