[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Latency Issue with certain classes

EzKuroEzKuro
Reactions: 560
in Bug Reporting
Bug type:
Gameplay

Brief bug summary:
I honestly don't know if this is a bug or just something the dev team didn't consider, but if you play certain classes like (Blaze Wizard, Kinesis, Illium, ...) having a
high ping, unstable connection or even server lag results in loss of damage a player can output, making them unplayable/extremely weak compared to other
people with low ping playing the same class.
I have seen many people complaining about this issue but nothing has changed over the years.
That's why it raised the question wether this is intended or a bug. Even if it isn't considered a bug, it is something that has to be changed somehow.

More details:
I have recorded a video comparing high and low latency gameplay on a Blaze Wizard on different servers to visualize the issue.

Steps to reproduce:
In my case, attack with the Blaze Wizards 4th job skill "Final Orbital Flame" with high ping.

Character name:
Komì

Character level:

Character job:
Blaze Wizard

World name:
Reboot(NA)

Date and time of the incident:
Everyday, CEST